Flazz
XOOPS 2.0.9 Beta worth it?
  • 2004/11/9 16:57

• Flazz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/14

Hi all,

My sites been down now for nearly a month, after my hosts upraded their servers to PHP 5.

I have seen that XOOPS 2.0.9 Beta is out, but have been waiting for the none beta version to come out.

Is it worth waiting anylong or should I just bite the bullet and install the beta version?

Stewdio
Re:XOOPS 2.0.9 Beta worth it?
  • 2004/11/9 17:22

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

My motto, when in doubt, wait. However, your host has already shafted you, so to speak.

What I suggest you do is install 2.0.9 beta into a subdirectory and give it a try. You could also copy your current installation into a new directory, change the mainfile.php, back up your DB and give the upgrade a shot to see what will happen. This way you will have your original files and DB and go what ever route you want once the full release is out and tested.

If anything, it's something to do in the meantime

ackbarr

well, the purpose of the XOOPS 2.0.9 Beta is to test the PHP 5 compatibility changes, so I'd say it is in your best interest to install the beta and try it out. I imagine that you will have issues, but it is only when those issues are brought up that they will be addressed by the development team.

Mithrandir

If your sites are down anyway, I shouldn't think that you had much to lose.

I have it running on a couple of test machines with no problems and there are very few bug reports about this version - none of which I have been able to reproduce.

So if the alternative is having sites offline and just waiting, you might do both yourself and us a favour by trying 2.0.9 beta.

Login

Who's Online

96 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 96

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits