cpgeek
Web mail module for direct integration w/ xoops (automatic account creation with user creation
  • 2004/10/12 15:34

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

Hey there,
I'm looking for a XOOPS module that does imap e-mail where accounts are created on the fly when a user registers with the XOOPS page in question, displays an e-mail link in the user menu and works almost identically to the integrated instant messager system only it has world e-mail access. spam assassin could be integrated on the backend imap server to eliminate most spam.

sqmail is pretty good but it doesn't create accounts on the mail server for the user, the admin has to do it ahead of time and that's a hassle for people who have a couple hundred users.

does anybody have any ideas for a free module or mail system that can be easily integrated? (hordemail is good but difficult to integrate and NOT free)

--Cpgeek
http://www.cpgeek.org

kaotik
Re:Web mail module for direct integration w/ xoops (automatic account creation with user creation
  • 2004/10/12 15:46

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

I'm working on a module that will do exactly that.

cpgeek
Re:Web mail module for direct integration w/ xoops (automatic account creation with user creation
  • 2004/10/12 19:56

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

well, i'd definitly be interested in that... does this project have a web page, demo, working code?

would you like any help?

tvepsorg
  • 2004/10/13 6:17

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I would also be interested in a module like this.

Forlorndeeds

I'd pay for it.
Email me, in my profile, if you've got it.

Bassman
  • 2004/10/19 3:59

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

WebmailFX is the module kaotik is talking about, it's in development now.

Forlorndeeds

Do you have an ETA on Devolopment? Love to support it.

Bassman
  • 2004/10/19 4:17

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I haven't been that involved lately, but you're welcome to download the latest version and try it out.

kaotik
  • 2004/10/19 4:35

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Webmailfx now supports user created email. It will use your cpanel and create based on options set by you: mailbox size and allow users to set their own mailbox name. It is fully functional with the exception being sent attachemnts(receiving attachments is functional). Do to a security issue we had to strip the previous code and have been working on replacing it.
We would more than welcome anyone who who wants to join the effort (we need all the help we can get). You can visit the project (and download the latest version) on dev.xoops.org.

gruessle
  • 2004/11/2 8:23

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/20

What if you don't have cpanel?
It should just work with any imap or pop3

Login

Who's Online

99 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 99

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits