ninks
private blog
  • 2004/10/22 14:38

• ninks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/8 9

I am looking for a module that can act as a diary or a private blog where you can keep notes but only you and the people you designate can access them can see the what you have posted. Sort of like a diary that you don't mind your closest friends reading. I would also like the edit function on this (blog,forum,diary,news,whatever module) disabled so you can't go back and change history, once you submit it is written in stone..

thanks

limecity
Re:private blog
  • 2004/10/22 14:45

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

wellwine's weblog module?
that could be something u need.
just remove the edit function from the script..
i guess that will do..
need to hack manually though

ninks
  • 2004/10/22 14:56

• ninks

• Just popping in

Thanks for the quick response I will go check it out.

ninks
  • 2004/10/25 20:33

• ninks

• Just popping in

Hi

I installed the blog module and created 2 categories 1 called public and 1 called private. Removing the edit function should not be hard but I don't know how to make the private blog "PRIVATE" (or accessible by a small list of members that I the owner of that blog choose)

Any ideas on this one or is there another product/module anyone is aware of that allows you to keep a record, time and date stamp it and then only allows people who you nominate to see it.

I am sure there is a big demand for this type of feature as there are many things we need to log (hospital charts, legal documents, project information) that you want to have a record of when it was logged and what happened but not necessarily let the world see it unless you decide to.

JasonMR
  • 2004/10/25 20:46

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I use the News Module, exactly for the reasons you describe.

Most of my entries are viewable by all users, while I have a few news cats, that are only visible to Friends, and Family group members (groups I creted). And I have one cat, named 'For My Eyes Only, that I use for taking notes.

Hope this helps, you might want to take a look:
http://jason.jayro.net

Ahhh, by the way, all permissions are set in the admin section, where you can set, who has access, who might submit to which cat, etc....

Stewdio
  • 2004/10/25 20:48

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Development ceased on Wellwines blog module months ago after he picked it up from the original author who also previously abandoned it.

There has been and always will be a large demand for a good blog module, yet none have been able to live up to the bill. You worries are over with the latest News module.

You can use News version 1.2.x for your personal blog. It has a robust permission system. I use this for my full time blogging needs. With News 1.2 (or above) there is no longer a need for a blogging module as this takes care of all bloggers needs in one easy to use module that also happens to great for news as well!

You can download News 1.2 athttp://dev.xoops.org

JasonMR
  • 2004/10/25 21:06

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

Thanks Stewdio, I had forgotten to mention, I use News1.2

ninks
  • 2004/10/26 1:20

• ninks

• Just popping in

Hi I have 1.2.1 installed for news and that didn't seem to do what I wanted.

I created two news categories private and public. Maybe I am just configuring permisions incorectly.

If a user logs in I want every time they post in their private blog only they can see the entry or people they approve can see it.

If they post in public then anyone can see it.

Does this make sence. It's like a diary I only want my closes friends to read my diary and not the general public.

again it may just be my configuration I am new to XOOPS and am trying to use it to set up a new website. With only a little programming knowledge of PHP.

thanks again for all your great support

JasonMR
  • 2004/10/26 1:38

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

You will need to create a category for each user, and then set the permission for the categories.

You have 3 different permission setting: approve/post/view

WarDick
  • 2004/10/26 1:44

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Try Popnupblog it works good, It has all of the features you requested and some additional ones. Much less overhead than News.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits