ALbEsK8Er
IPB to newBB
  • 2004/9/28 9:31

• ALbEsK8Er

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/27

Hello,
i try to search before post this but i not found useful answers.
I wanna know if exist a script or a method to transport the message from IPB 1.3 to newBB.. someone can help me?
Thanks

domineaux
Re: IPB to newBB
  • 2004/9/28 14:00

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

You're not the only one.

I've been using Koudanshi IPB XOOPS mods.

CLICK TO KOUDAHSHI SITE

He has created ports for many message boards to Xoops, an vs. v.

You might make a request on his boards. I'm thinking there is probably gonna be a rush to get off the IPB now.

gniknalu
  • 2004/9/28 15:35

• gniknalu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/28

I take the opposite approach.

If someone wants to migrate to the IPB Module, Koudanshi's site provides the scripts.

But if you want to migrate away from the IPB Module to something else - the destination should provide the scripts.

Example: You want to change your cell service from AT&T to Sprint. Sprint says, "Hey, we'll take the information from your old cell phone and will upload it to your new Sprint phone." Yeah!
Then you decide to change to Vorizon. Should Sprint be the one to transfer your numbers from your Sprint phone to your new Vorizion phone?

Koudanshi posted his position on the IPB Module's future on his site. I encourage you to read it.

Ltrz,

Gnik

Speed
  • 2004/9/28 16:07

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I'm sure that those familiar with the changes they made to the core/database are much more qualified to make a migration script back to NewBB.

To me, it's counterproductive use of dev energies to expect them to undo a hack that they warned repeatedly would make core changes that they did not support.

domineaux
  • 2004/9/28 16:13

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Hi Gnik

I think the spirit of XOOPS is clear. You should be able to disable and un-install a module without destroying or otherwise damaging the Xoops.

You can do that with just about every module available.

Koudanshi has written some good news...

Quote:
I will write a script for convert from IPB module to IPB origin, after that you can find a script to convert from IPB oginal to Newbb.

Now we just need a script to get from IPB to Newbb

Speed
  • 2004/9/28 18:25

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I know there was a script by bd_csmc that converted my phpBB to NewBB without any major problems (had to recreate group permissions). That would be a good starting place. It may require some cleanup in the end for things that don't translate into NewBB2 easily but I can't imagine it would be difficult.

davidl2
  • 2004/9/28 19:10

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

The phpbb hack to newbb worked fine for me

mehrdad
  • 2004/10/18 7:45

• mehrdad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/24

[size=x-large]I am sorry[/size]

[quote=koudanshi,Oct 5 2004, 10:08 PM]
Hi ALL,

I have Just finished this converter script from X-IPBM 1.4x to IPB origin.

Now, you can Revert your site to the original state and can Swicth to the other board as you like.
I want to say that I will don't make Converter Script from X-IPB module to NEWBB2 for FREE, Please Don't ask me!
If you want to use NEWBB2, you can ask the admin of NEWBB2 to make this converter from "IPB orgin board to NewBB2" for you.

[snapback]7098[/snapback]

[/quote]

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits