vinit
NEWBB2: Bug in POLLs section
  • 2004/10/7 17:48

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

While creating a poll the description given up doesnt appear anywhere in the poll.

Secondly no one can create a poll directly without making a topic. Creation of POLL should be allowed as creation of topic and there by the description given there would act as post.

This my view, if devs and mods go by this then i would wish to see this in RC3.

Thanks a lot

vinit
Re:NEWBB2: Bug in POLLs section
  • 2004/10/7 18:46

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

I added a poll in the forum, the same poll came up in the default Polls module. Hey, Default polls module is meant for entire site where as the poll created by user is specific to the topic.

This is weired, for example if there are 20 topics with polls on my site than the default polls module will show 20 polls. that would be really bad.

Its there a fix for it ???

libervis
  • 2004/10/7 19:29

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

Yeah.. that's what i'd like to know too.

Daniel

Anonymous
  • 2004/10/7 20:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

A fix for what? The main reason to use the xoopspoll module was to save code and share existing functions, why need an extra Forum own poll part, if this allready exits, this save classes and extra tables. So it is normal if you create a Poll in the forum, that this poll is also Part of the XoopsPoll normal use and visible in this.

Most people in the Past want it this way ( i first start with an own Pollpart ) no extra Poll module beside the xoopspoll.

If you want it a different way, just clone the existing Poll Module and use it as a second Pollmodule.

You´re right with creating a Poll and Topic in one step, this will be in the final, the current way is just a temporary way, because the pollfunctions in the RC2 needs some improvements.

Greetz Predator

vinit
  • 2004/10/8 15:07

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

Polls created by site admin is an over all poll for everyone who so ever vists the site etc.

While a poll created by indiviual is specific to his interest and his topic, why a poll created by individual should become part of the over all polls section. Thus this is binded to a users post and no way a user would be harming the entire site with their polls as it would be private to the topic.

other big issue is if there are 20 polls created in the forums then there would 20 polls queing one after another on the blocks. For example if the right block contains polls module than it would show those 20 polls in one go. This would kill of the site design moreover the this poll questions would look like the admin has created those polls which is not true.

I would still wish the polls should be specific to the topic only and should be contianed there only like most of the forums has.

I agree code reusage is good idea but then it should not take off the ball out of court.

Anonymous
  • 2004/10/8 15:57

• Anonymous

• Since:

So an gerneral solution must be given:

1) Forum got his own Polls ( 2 yes 1000`s say no )

2) Easy way: Forum got his own Tables

3) XoopsPoll has to change and add at least 1 field and a check if this field is true ( set to 1 ) it is not for the xoopspoll.

Will discuss this on the weekend....

Greetz Predator

phppp
  • 2004/10/8 16:20

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

I don't think we need change the newbb 2 poll function right now.

If you think displaying so many polls in the block are annoying, why don't you disable them from xoopspoll's admin?

Speed
  • 2004/10/8 16:21

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

1) Can you see the forum "posts" that are attached to forum poll when viewing from the poll block outside of the forums?

2) Can you see the poll "comments" that are attached to the XOOPS poll responses to polls created in the forums when viewing the poll from the forums?

If both of the above ARE NOT true, then there needs to be seperation of the XOOPS polls and forum polls. The posts and comments must be able to follow their respective polls everywhere. They can share code but must only display where they were created.

If both of the above ARE true, then an option to display/not display forum polls in XOOPS polls would be nice.

vinit
  • 2004/10/8 19:36

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

phppp wrote:
I don't think we need change the newbb 2 poll function right now.

If you think displaying so many polls in the block are annoying, why don't you disable them from xoopspoll's admin?

Didnt got you, how do i disable the 20 polls being created from Polls Admin section. All i want is that polls created by members in forum should not be refelected in the Polls block on the site. Could this be achived ??

Speed
  • 2004/10/8 19:56

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Open the admin section, open XOOPS Polls, List Polls. Deselect the "Display in Block" option for all polls you don't want showing.

It's a manual deselection.

The admin must deselect showing in the block every time a user makes a new poll.

I'd like to see polls looked at eventually. My biggest beef with it is that expired polls still show in the block and still have a "vote" button showing. That's how I found out about the deselect option above. But this an item for another thread....

Login

Who's Online

442 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 442

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits