libervis
Out of the blue.. can't submit news!
  • 2004/9/8 7:34

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

Yesterday i tried to submit news on http://www.libervis.com and instead of getting the submit window with the scope and extended text boxes i got only one. Still, i wrote the text in that boxed, hit the post button and went to approve it. However, in the new submissions area of news module admin i get the _AD_NOSUBJECT instead of the title, and i did wrote the title.
When clicking on that _AD_NOSUBJECT link i am taken to the topic manager.

I really don't know what's up with it now.. I submited news before with no hassle and i didn't changed any settings in news module since then. I have only edited some in spotlight module that spotlights the recent news, but i don't know if that can actually cause this problem..
Can it have anything to do with that i switched to Linux Mandrake 10 this weekend so i'm running from linux using mozilla firefox browser which i used in windows too. I don't think it should have anything to do with it..

Anyone experienced the same? Anyone knows what's this? Solution?

O appreciate any help.
Thank you
Daniel

libervis
Re: Out of the blue.. can't submit news!
  • 2004/9/9 0:15

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Maaan.. how fast it sinked all the way to the second page..

Anyone??!!

If anyone experienced the similar or same problem or anyhow knows how to fix it, please respond.

Thank you very much.
Daniel

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/9 1:49

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

It appears as though your language files may have somehow gotten corrupted. Try reuploading the modules/news/lang folder to see what results you get. If that fails reupload your entire /news module from the same set of files you used to install your current version of XOOPS.

Turn on your debugging tools and report any errors you find here in this post. I'll be monitoring this post and will try to help you through as best I can.

hervet
  • 2004/9/9 15:33

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

What's the version of the news module ?

libervis
  • 2004/9/9 22:42

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Hello..Thank you very much for responding.

I solved the problem, but since it happened "out of the blue" i should preserve myself from that happening again and do a debug later on..

I use news module version 1.2.

I solved the problem and succesfully submited the news by reuploading the submit.php file. I don't have a clue on how come it became corrputed. Noone used it except me since the last time u submitted news..

I'll show the debug output when i do it, just in case we're dealing with bug or something here..
Thank you.
Daniel

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/10 1:32

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

It's possible your host provider changed to a new server, or move data to another drive, or resored from a backup. Any of these scenerios can sometimes cause a file to get mangled from time to time. Rare, but it does and can happen.

Glad to see you got things worked out in the end.

Happy XOOPSing!

libervis
  • 2004/9/10 2:27

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Well, could be that, i don't see any news and notices on their site however..

Anyhow, i'll keep my head up and..

happy XOOPSing to you too.

Daniel

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits