-Page
Re: Web Hosting module
  • 2004/9/3 12:45

• -Page

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

You guys are really on the money here!

Don't stray to far from from the hostingplans mod that your on to though, it's really a great thing you've got here!

By placing the admin on this you'll be building the end answer to dozens if not hundreds of threads dedicated to a simple PayPal module!

PHPCOIN is a great, full featured solution and would be awesome as an API, hopefully helping to relive it's rather drab default flow. It's really a wholly different solution though and what you have going on here and this hostingplans mod is as fantastic in it's simplicity as it is in it's useflness!!

- While the original mod (with the colors) looked like a train wreck in my site (way too wide and broken up), ChadK's posted code looks great!

- Beautiful!
You're on to someting super cool here!

-Page
  • 2004/9/5 0:53

• -Page

• Just popping in

The best whois script that I've ever seen is Hostdirector.

This is a commercial CGI script at $130.00 US.

- I bought this script about a year ago and I have to say, it's probably my most satisfying purchase to date. - The set up is simple, the look is easy to change (HTML with call codes), rock solid reliable and the guy that made it is always responsive and polite). - Unlike another product that I paid $300.00 for and had to throw in the garbage with a bit of bitterness.. (-iHostingCart-)

- It's also the best example I've ever seen for product flow and sensibility.

Again though, I hope that intrests don't wain on this hostingplans mod though.

An admin on HostingPlans that would allow varibles and options to be changed would make it ideal for so many situations!

Of all of the great ideas that people are working on around here, this little one is topping the list for me!

peterr
  • 2004/9/6 0:45

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Hi,

Quote:

-Page wrote:

An admin on HostingPlans that would allow varibles and options to be changed would make it ideal for so many situations!

Yes, I agree, the module _must_ be admin and db driven, rather than having to modify code.

Peter

eDwerD
  • 2004/9/8 3:04

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/17

Ive been searching for days for some help with this topic. Instead of web space, im offering game server rentals.. if the admin section of this module can set up dif. variables n what not, that would be so sweet! I was tearing things apart tring to figure out how to get the order form to notify me (or the admin group) that there was a new order, but im stumped!! good luck with this, the ideas great, and dont stop!

ChadK
  • 2004/9/8 13:08

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

Yah, I'm going to concentrate on hosting because that's what I need to use it for. It's going to have an optional CPanel integration that the admin can turn on or off. If it's on, the cpanel portion will actually create the new account once the paypal IPN has notified the program that it's paid for.
I'm only integrating paypal and cpanel right now though other features may come later.
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?xpay
http://test.aviary.info/

-Page
  • 2004/9/11 21:52

• -Page

• Just popping in

Sounds pretty nifty Chad!

CPanel is a killer tool and awesome for easy client setups. Setting your self up with CPanel for client stuff is a really good way to go.

I'd like to Hosting plans for hosting too, but I'm looking at just changing the variables to suit my packages and prices.

I played with the mod for a little while and changed some of the easier to find variables but I need get back and play with it some more for the pricing variables and stuff in the next couple of days.

This is a cool mod though! - Right to the point. A nice, clean landing spot for stuff!

I'd just like to see an easy form for the variables.

Something like:

PayPal info: [_____]etc..
Plan / Product name: [_____]
Plan / Product price: [_____] / Monthly [_____]
Option: [_____] / price: [_____] / Monthly [_____]

Repeat / etc...

- This would cool to think about in the future...
Show whois [O] YES [O] NO
Show product menu [O] YES [O] NO
Show drop down menu [O] YES [O] NO (new window) - Cool for things like, privacy policy, Terms of use etc..

Even as it stands though, the mod is worth working on, being as it is only one file, the basic variables can't be too hard to find manually and go crude if you have to!

I'm interested in seeing how anyone is using this mod

Any which way, I'm sure you're take on it will be great Chad, - I'm excited about it!

bbgds
  • 2004/9/14 19:06

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

Hi....

I know this is more of a discussion forum, and not a support forum, but I've been following this string, and looking forward to this module. I wanted to help test, so I downloaded the mod, and installed it, but when I go to the module page, it just redirects me back to the page where I was, and I have no configuration options in the module admin menu.

I ran all the debug modes, but none of them turned up anything for xpay. Am I doing something wrong?

Please Advise

bbgds

ChadK
  • 2004/9/15 19:26

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

haha well if you downloaded MY version of the mod, then no, you did it all right. That's all it does right now. I haven't completed any of the guts on the mod yet. ;)
The other version of the mod, really the file version, has some guts in it and that's the one I run athttp://www.aviary.info/modules/hostingplans/

The version called xPay that's currently up on dev.xoops is an early Alpha, mostly for coders and such to see where I'm going and to give me feedback. That's what you see installed here:
http://test.aviary.info

bbgds
  • 2004/9/16 6:41

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

I guess the jokes on me then

I checked it out on your site. Looks good. I'm really looking forward to it.

I noticed that you have it set up to sell domain names. Do you knowof any domain name reseller solutions?

Thanks for building this mod, BTW. It's going to really simplify things for me.

bbgds

ehask
  • 2004/9/17 5:32

• ehask

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/15

I hope to be finishing up a big project soon (please god let it end!!! ) Then I will help out with this mod and work on the realtime additions to allow it to work with Ensim Pro.

Lets keep this one rolling

Eric
Rackspeed.net
hooked-up.net (Xoops powered)

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits