• smackdaddy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/3/28

In another message, w4z004 stated:

Quote:
Re: Flash banners in XOOPS ??
Use the phpadsnew module.
A professional banner module.

Since I did not want to go off-topic in the other thread, I am asking it here....

w4z004 (or anyone else), how do we get phpAdsNew to work with Xoops? I thought there was an issue with counting links and such with XOOPS and external ad management programs? Or am I mistaken?

I am developing a site which would greatly benefit from the extra features of phpAdsNew, but don't know how to get it to work with Xoops.....

Any help would be appreciated.....
Thanks in advance.

w4z004
Re: PhpAdsNew
  • 2002/7/19 2:32

• w4z004

• XOOPS Advisor

• Since: 2001/12/13

the script are modularized and is really simple :
-download the module.
-activate the module.
-later of activated, press in the phpadsnew logo and realize a complete install. (in english is better, later you can change the language.)
- Read the manuals for undertand all the features.

the script is generated automatic using :

http://you url/modules/phpads/admin/admin-generate.php

i;m prefer use the "remote invocation for javascript" but exist more methods for publish.

this is a sample code for insert into the theme.php generated for me:
echo"<div align='center'><script language='JavaScript' src='http://www.xoops.sytes.net/modules/phpads/adjs.php?clientid=2&target=_blank&withText=0'></script></div>";

only need remark or delete the lines :

//if ($xoopsConfig['banners']) {
//showbanner();

and put you coded for display the banner.
too you can generate many type of banners in many positions, in me site ( www.xoops.sytes.net) i;m use the phpadsnew for display the banners and the partners block.
The partners block is a html custom block with the javascript inside :

this is me code :
<div align:center><script language='JavaScript' src='http://www.xoops.sytes.net/modules/phpads/adjs.php?clientid=3&target=_blank&withText=0'></script></div>

it's all if have questions abouth the phpadsnew use, read the complete manuals :)

smackdaddy
  • 2002/7/26 17:40

• smackdaddy

• Just popping in

w4z004,

Let me see if I understand correctly.....

phpAdsNew can be used in XOOPS just by placing it in the modules folder and "activating" it? I thought it was a stand-alone PHP script.....that's where I got confused...

I have looked at their EXTENSIVE manual and did not find anything in there about XOOPS integration, so I would hope you could let me know how to get it active and the best way to get it to work.....

Thanks much!

Jan304
  • 2002/7/26 17:57

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

No, it doesn't work with only activating it. Just like w4z004 said (I just think what I should do-, activate module, run install script, (admin/admin-generate.php), you can prefer your own code, the put it the code in every theme.php you've from your themes.

w4z004
  • 2002/7/27 4:33

• w4z004

• XOOPS Advisor

and later of activate need "install" the module.

is a "stand-alone" php script , you right because are not integrated the user / passw and because this are actualized all time by the phphadsnew team.

i;m are only modularized for this can appear into the admin part of XOOPS nothing more.

the script remain how a stand-alone.

and think: the XOOPS banners need a separated login for the clients - in phpadsnew is the same
and only need log to the admin part (we can hack this but all time are changed the phpadsnew and is a lost of work) is better have in stand-alone ,
And phpadsnew is not for all the sites, is for intensive use.

w4z004
  • 2002/7/27 4:34

• w4z004

• XOOPS Advisor

yup, later of activated need "install"

smackdaddy
  • 2002/7/27 6:29

• smackdaddy

• Just popping in

Ah well, thanks for trying, I guess I am just too stupid to get this to work......

noisia
  • 2004/9/3 20:40

• noisia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/24

Installing PhpAdsNew is a bit of a struggle but I managed to do it

Best Regards,

Marco

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits