McEwan
News 1.2 classic view problem
  • 2004/8/13 11:07

• McEwan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/27

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to the news 1.2 module not showing the news in Classic mode. I'm experiencing this on all my sites, including the setup on my home computer.

CLearing out Templates_c does not work. It did work 'once', when I reinstalled, but installing a new theme made it go away again.

Are there any alternative news module that can be recommended, it seems the News 1.2 just wasn't meant for me :) ?

Stewdio
Re: News 1.2 classic view problem
  • 2004/8/13 16:15

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

News 1.2 it the best module there is, hands down. There is no alternative except for the core news module that come with packages prior to and including XOOPS version 2.0.7

To fix your problem, go to System Admin>Templates. Set your template to the default template, then go to System Administration>Prefences>General Settings and set the template to default. After this, now clear your /templates_c folder and see if classic view works.

I had some initial problems with this when News 1.2 was in RC status. That was quite some time ago and my memory of the vrious work arounds and fixes is a bit foggy.

Mithrandir and Herve will have an alternative solution if I am incorrect, since they are the module developers.

hervet
  • 2004/8/13 16:37

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hi,

Except the method exposed by Stewdio, for this moment I don't have a solution ! Sorry. Mithrandir and I, we have spent much time to find why and how.

But there's something I have remarked, it's often the users who are using the default template set who have the problem.
Clone the default template set, give it a name and in your preferences, select it. In some cases it have solved the problem.

Bye,
Hervé

Chappy
  • 2004/9/5 10:50

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

I upgraded my version of 1.2 to the new release.

I was fighting with this (classic view not showing) since the upgrade. This post solved it.

Thanks for allyou folks do!

Login

Who's Online

446 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 446

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits