naxos
Xoops Gallery with Gallery Remote
  • 2004/8/9 19:52

• naxos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/6 3

How can i get the gallery remote to connect to the gallery module?

Talis
Re: Xoops Gallery with Gallery Remote
  • 2004/8/9 20:42

• Talis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

Tell Gallery Remote that the site is a stand alone, set the FULL path to the module (http://www.whatever.com/modules/gallery) and make DOUBLY sure that you're using the proper case for user name and password.

I have Gallery on both my sites and it's all as smooth as silk.

naxos
  • 2004/8/10 13:01

• naxos

• Just popping in

Great thanks for the tip with the remote, thats working great. But I'm still getting an odd error message, maybe you guys could help me with that too. On regular jpegs that preview/open/edit fine on my computer when i try to upload them they return an error "Upload Error:Invalid Image:image.jpg" this happens in both the remote and the website upload. I cannot see a pattern the images have been on my other gallery website before.....Any known fixes?

naxos
  • 2004/8/10 13:06

• naxos

• Just popping in

I just tried cropping a picture in the gallery remote, that managed to upload the original and the cropped to my gallery, however i just tried to crop another "invalid image" and that did NOT work. It got the same error

m0nty
  • 2004/8/10 13:31

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i had a similar issuea while back while using GD library, where any image abovea certain res gave an invalid error or corrupt file.. even tho the max width etc was et above what i was tryin to upload.. i think my server host put sum restrictions there..

using netpbm solved my issue, GD2 seems to work ok aswell.

recheck folder permissions too, you never know..

Talis
  • 2004/8/10 13:47

• Talis

• Just popping in

I have the netpbm utils installed for both Galleries and I haven't run into any issues like this.

naxos
  • 2004/8/10 14:04

• naxos

• Just popping in

Lets see, I am still getting these errors, the webserver has NetPBM installed, when i get gallery to check it, all the checks are OK. I can upload all of these error images to my other gallery v1.4.4 without any problem.

The permissions for albums seems right cmod 777. I have tried using imagemagix instead of netpbm still errors. Now, i didnt think that i needed to run any config wizard for the XOOPS gallery, but maybe this is my problem, cause i havent run anything like the config that you do when you install the standalone, but I do have lots (150) pictures up and working on my xoopsgallery....

Talis
  • 2004/8/10 14:15

• Talis

• Just popping in

You don't need to run an 'external' config like with the standalone. You can change whatever you need to in the Admin Menu.

Here's what's in the README_XOOPS.TXT:

8) Important! Configure Gallery for your server. An important setting is the Graphis Suite options (Path to NetPBM / Path to ImageMagick / Graphics Suite). See the next section for details on that.

naxos
  • 2004/8/10 14:28

• naxos

• Just popping in

Right, well im pretty sure NetPBM path is correct, since it all the checks are correct. And i can upload other pictures that arent these "invalid" types

m0nty
  • 2004/8/10 18:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

what version of netpbm is installed?

i had trouble running xoopsgallery with netpbm V10 or higher.. but it worked fine with netpbm v9..

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits