kiwiguy
XCGALLERY not working
  • 2004/8/2 14:06

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Now i have asked and asked and seems to me that nobody has the answer. I have re uploaded xcgallery chmodded 777 in preferences and albums and userpics and using gd library 2 i have also tried gd library 2 and netpbm but yet no images can be uploaded i have also told it to acccept the file types in preferences it keeps telling me that the image is a unknown image.

Now i have just update from 2.0.6 to 0.7 and since then all I have had is bugs LOL i was told to upgrade to fix the bugs i had in wf-downloads now i have bugs in xcgallery now what should I do go back to XOOPS 2.0.6 or go over to phpnuke or is there somebody here that actually can help me or simply tell me that its a bug in 2.0.7 I cannot use xoopsgallery as because it comes up errors with netpbm I have the latest version of netpbm and have uploaded the folder to my xoop root directory but yet still have problems.

Can anybody help or is this a mystery to all

thanks in advance
kiwiguy

I been trying to get a answer about this for 3 days now thanks to all the guys who did reply and unfortunatly i had already done what they told me to do with yet no joy I am very frustrated have 1500 pics to put back in my album but can't

tom
Re: XCGALLERY not working
  • 2004/8/2 14:36

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I have it working fine on 2.0.7 never had a problem.

Although I cannot answer your question, it maybe worth visiting the official support site for XCGAL and asking:http://xcgal.xoops2.org/modules/news/ It is a german site, however you could use Google to translate for you.

Hope this maybe of some use.

kiwiguy
  • 2004/8/2 15:00

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

I have tried but for some reason my account is suspended or deactivated and will not allow me to register. and I once asked a questiong there to this day it still not answere and that was like 4 months ago. so no I seeing if i can get the answer here.

Maybe i should offer money to help get this fixed wonder how many replies i get for help then LOL just kidding

thanks
kiwi

tjnemez
  • 2004/8/2 15:22

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

i would give myAlbum-P a try. gijoe offers excellent support:http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/

kiwiguy
  • 2004/8/2 16:36

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks mate but no I cannot use that module as it does not allow multiple uploads of pics.

Can anybody help please or at least tell me how to install netpbm properly and xoopsgallery remote program if nobody can help with xcgallery

HELP

yours stressed
kiwi

rocket98
  • 2004/8/2 16:41

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

With myalbum-p you can easily upload hundreds of images.

But images just have to be placed in a directory on your server first, then put a pathname into myalbum-p and load the images with the batch feature. If your images are already categorized just create individual directories and upload from each.

m0nty
  • 2004/8/2 17:21

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i have had no problems with xcgallery.

mygalley does NOT work with he latest versions of NETPBM

try downloading version 9 of netpbm as it works fine with that.

as for your problems wth xcgal, i can only suggest to reinstall, copy all files, and read the readme file

if ur server has safe mode on it can be a problem.

but being as xcgal works on my XOOPS 2.0.7 site then it isn't a bug.. so it must be some configuration problem your end.

mikeh
  • 2004/8/2 18:10

• mikeh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/18

latest version of myalbum now offers choice of normal or columns in all its blocks - so can have similar style to xcgal
along with ability to add videos etc

not sure of what dev status is of xcgal,can't find a up todate staus report on the support site and along with fact that no release for a long time ......

well when compare it to the support and continual development given by my-album dev and stuff like the improved method of blocks admin feature, would have to say that my aadvice if asked woul dbe to try my album

tjnemez
  • 2004/8/2 18:16

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

yes unsure of xcgal status, that is why i am considering using myAlbum-P instead of xcgal. templates are a graet thing, you can edit to your own preferences.

mikeh
  • 2004/8/2 19:23

• mikeh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/18

one thing that would like to add which imo greatly improves the use of xoops
is the way can intergrate myalbum with the image manager, giving a lot easier system wide image management feature
combined with the easy clone module method, it does improve XOOPS content management

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits