Mamba
xForms 1.21 Beta ready for Testing
  • 2011/7/18 15:10

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The module xForms 1.21 has been updated to the XOOPS 2.5.x GUI and is ready for testing.

xForms is a module for XOOPS offers widely customizable contact forms. xForms generates different kind of form elements e.g. text areas, check boxes for webmasters to create their "Contact Us" forms by desire. Submitted information can be sent by email or through the private message system of XOOPS, and received by selected user group. It is based on Liaise, and was developed by Dylian.

Please download it from SourceForge SVN

You will also need the ModuleAdmin class
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

timgno
Re: xForms 1.21 Beta ready for Testing
  • 2011/7/18 17:20

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

A little bug, when I upload forms from Liaise and I have created first a new form, this delete all forms.

Added Italian Traslation

demian
  • 2012/3/27 13:33

• demian

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/4/29

- radio button is not working properly - selection have the same option - have to use drop down

-https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=73593

Mamba
  • 2012/3/28 11:40

• Mamba

Quote:
radio button is not working properly - selection have the same option - have to use drop down

For the time being, go to:

xoops/class/xoopsform/formelementtray.php

and in line 86 remove the ampersand "&" from "&$formElement"

$this->_elements[] = &$formElement;

so it looks like this:

$this->_elements[] = $formElement;

It seems like it has something to do with passing the radio element by references.

This is just a quick hack and I hope Core team will come up with something more permanent. But for the time being it works on my test site.

Let me know if it worked on yours.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

DCrussader

May The Source Be With You!

Peekay
  • 2012/4/23 16:21

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Works well, but I have found a problem.

In Firefox (11) if a user gets the CAPTCHA wrong, even if they enter the letters correctly on the second attempt, it still says 'invalid' code. They must press the 'refresh captcha' button to proceed.

In IE9, the page automatically refreshes on pressing 'back'... but this erases all the form data!.

If anyone familiar with this module can spot a quick fix for this, it would be much appreciated.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Mamba
  • 2012/4/24 12:21

• Mamba

Quote:
In IE9, the page automatically refreshes on pressing 'back'... but this erases all the form data!.

That seems to be a known bug: see note from Tristian Bailey here:

Quote:
My only suggestion that I submitted, about changing the Backspace history shortcut to be more user-friendly (instead of people accidentally wiping out text in text fields by going back in history), still remains open, amoung hundreds of other suggestions and bug fix comments.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Peekay
  • 2012/4/24 16:07

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx Mamba.

I read the link about IE9. Looks like any script which relies on the ability to go 'back' without form data being cleared is going to suffer. I tried a few things but nothing worked up to date.

The CAPTCHA really needs to be validated on the same page (like the JS field validation) and I guess that's probably the only solution. The fact that the CAPTCHA doesn't validate on second attempt is a mystery though.

There is a small error in $xforms_url VAR which creates a double slash in the back link, e.g.

http://example.com/modules/xforms//index.php?form_id=2

To fix this:

include\form_execute.php

around line 274

change:

$xoopsTpl->assign('xforms_url'xforms_URL.'/index.php?form_id='.$form_id);

to:

$xoopsTpl->assign('xforms_url'xforms_URL.'index.php?form_id='.$form_id);

Mamba
  • 2012/4/24 18:33

• Mamba

Quote:
The CAPTCHA really needs to be validated on the same page (like the JS field validation) and I guess that's probably the only solution. The fact that the CAPTCHA doesn't validate on second attempt is a mystery though.

I am not that good with validations, so if somebody else could take a look into that, it would be fantastic.

Quote:
There is a small error in $xforms_url VAR which creates a double slash in the back link, e.g.

Thanks! It's now fixed in SVN
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Peekay
  • 2012/4/27 16:11

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

OK, I'll try and take a closer look at this next week.

The current method detects CAPTCHA fail and loads an error template with a JS back-link. This relies on the browser maintaining the state of the previous page, which is obviously going to be a problem in IE from v9 onwards.

I can go 'back' to a static form in IE9 by using a session variable to store the field VARs, but the Xforms module creates fields dynamically and I have no idea where to start.

I am guessing the other option is to merge 'form_render' and 'form_execute' like a conventional PHP_SELF style form.

Not sure how many other modules use the Xoops CAPTCHA in this way?

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits