willemd
No Editors available
  • 2009/11/1 22:26

• willemd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/15

With XOOPS 2.4 (clean install) I assumed it would be easy to select a nice and better editor, instead of the default DHTML editor. Well, maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't select an editor anywhere. Why not add an extra option for selecting a defaulteditor in the System settings?

The only place where I can select a default editor is in the News module, but the dropdownbox for selecting an editor is completely empty ...

Am I overlooking something?

ghia
Re: No Editors available
  • 2009/11/2 1:15

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Have your xoops_data (sub)directories write permissions?

Editor selection is bound to the module. If there is no selection in the preferences of the module, then DHTML is used (eg comments). In News the editors should be listed. Are you using PHP 5?

trabis
  • 2009/11/2 10:05

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

... and don't forget to update "news" module under modules administration each time you upload new editors.

JBzh
  • 2009/11/3 11:03

• JBzh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/26

I have exactly the same situation on the two websites I maintain.
- First website : Linux Debian stable, PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny2, MyQSL 5.0.51a-24
- Second website : Free.fr hosting, PHP 4.4.3-dev, MySQL 5.0.83

I downloaded and installed the 2.4.0 full package.
Clean install, not an upgrade.

xoops_data (renamed) and all subdirectories are writeable.

And as willemd said :
Quote:
The only place where I can select a default editor is in the News module, but the dropdownbox for selecting an editor is completely empty ...

Mamba
  • 2009/11/3 11:05

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Please see this hack

ghia
  • 2009/11/3 11:25

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Also note that with your second website, you may run into trouble, because the latest versions of News require PHP 5.

willemd
  • 2009/11/3 17:52

• willemd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/15

I applied the hack and emptied cache. The editors show up no, but ...
When I want to submit a new Newsarticle I get a blanc page!
The weird thing is I also get a blanc page when I want to add an event in the ExtCal module.

====
Running XOOPS 2.4 (clean)
PHP Version 5.2.9 / MySQL Version 5.1.34-log

preachur
  • 2009/11/10 12:39

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I have problems with ALL modules I have tried with 2.4. No matter what editor is selected all I get is dhtml. That's it. Content, News, etc. Using the latest versions of all modules.

I have to say, I am getting tired of DOWNGRADING xoops. Once again, deleting a whole installation and starting over. You would think the system would IMPROVE with development. The ONLY improvement I see with 2.4 is the installation and security. The rest of it reminds me of 2.2.3... full of bugs and not very functional.

What good is a system that only works with a few of the modules?

Mamba
  • 2009/11/10 12:51

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

@ preachur:

And what modules do you mean by "ALL"? Are there any more than just News and Content? Which Versions do you use? You say latest, but are we talking about the same version?

For example, in News 1.64 there was a bug discovered by Trabis

What PHP Version do you use?

Was it a fresh installation, or an upgrade? If an upgrade, then from which version?

I sense, you're right now frustrated, and I am sorry to hear it.

But it's hard for us to try to help you, if we don't know these details

preachur
  • 2009/11/10 13:44

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

Mamba,

Sorry, I was busy deleting the whole installation and uploading 2.0.18 + doing a little venting. I DO appreciate what you are doing, and I have stood by XOOPS for a long time now. I have always donated time and resources whenever I could. i have recommended, promoted, and I have supported the development of my favorite modules with ideas, funds when I could afford it, feedback, testing, etc. I was just up all night trying to set up a site, and found too many problems with 2.4. I made sure I searched out the "latest" versions the modules I tried. (Contact, Contact Us, Liaise, News, I tried CBB and newbbex.... I really couldn't get much of anything to work well enough to use it on a production site.)

I will use my version of 2.0.18. I have my own administration area that my clients like and I have worked out the bugs in my favorite modules, plus have customizations... I was just hoping to have fun with the new release.

It was a fresh installation.

Apache version 2.2.13 (Unix)
PHP version 5.2.9
MySQL version 5.0.81

I have to get back to work. I need to get this site up and running.

Good luck. I know you have a lot on your plate and I can imagine your work is never done....

Mark

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits