nsluzewski
Is CAPTCHA not included in 2.3.2b package?
  • 2009/1/6 2:10

• nsluzewski

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/12/22

Successfully installed 2.3.2b for the first time. No problem with any modules, but I need CAPTCHA which did not appear to be included with the download tar file. Can anyone point me to how to add CAPTCHA to an installed and running 2.3.2b installation?

ghia
Re: Is CAPTCHA not included in 2.3.2b package?
  • 2009/1/6 10:24

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

The captcha files are located in the /class/captcha directory.
It is standard activated. Do you not have a confirmation code in eg the registration form (/modules/profile/register.php)?

nsluzewski
  • 2009/1/6 17:48

• nsluzewski

• Just popping in

Yes indeed - captcha files are in /class/captcha directory. Directory consists of a "config" subdirectory and the following files: config.image.php, config.php, image.php, index.html, text.php, xoopscaptcha.php.

I do not see anything relating to captcha when running /modules/profile/register.php. Only Standard sections labeled Personal, Messaging, Settings and Community with my specific user information in each, but no confirmation code as questioned.

ghia
  • 2009/1/7 0:19

• ghia

The confirmation code is the last row before the submit button in the form as here, registering for XOOPS.org (log out to see it). What do you see at your site?

You have in /class/captcha/config.php the following line:
"disabled"              => false,                   // Disable CAPTCHA

Don't you?

If it is an upgrade to (and not a new install of) 2.3.2b, do also the file check (see release notes).

nsluzewski
  • 2009/1/7 4:51

• nsluzewski

• Just popping in

No confirmation code on the registration page - disclaimer text is followed directly by the Submit button.

The full non-commented content in my /class/captcha/config.php file is the following, which includes the line you referenced:

return $config = array(
"disabled" => false, // Disable CAPTCHA
"mode" => 'image', // default mode
"name" => 'xoopscaptcha', // captcha name
"skipmember" => true, // Skip CAPTCHA check for members
"maxattempt" => 10, // Maximum attempts for each session
"num_chars" => 4, // Maximum characters
"rule_text" => _CAPTCHA_RULE_TEXT,
"maxattempt_text" => _CAPTCHA_MAXATTEMPTS,
);

This was a brand new (for me the first) install. I'm stumped.

nsluzewski
  • 2009/1/7 6:01

• nsluzewski

• Just popping in

Just ran the integrity check. Only results are missing files in the ./install directory (which have been removed) and missing files in the ./themes/zetagenesis directory (which I am not using) and invalid ./themes/default/xoops-logo.png (which I have modified). All else comes through clean.

ghia
  • 2009/1/7 10:50

• ghia

Did you check the required directory?
Do you have one of the required graphical php libraries as GD2?

nsluzewski
  • 2009/1/7 16:06

• nsluzewski

• Just popping in

In fact, there was no /uploads/securityimage/ directory on my system. Apparently was not created with the standard install. I since created it, as well as an /uploads/securityimage/cache/ directory below that. Both set to be writable. This did not fix the problem. When I browse to /class/captcha/image/scripts/image.php, blank screen is presented.

Please explain "graphical php libraries as GD2". Not sure how to verify this.

donny
  • 2009/1/7 20:11

• donny

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/5

xoops captcha will appear on the registration form when the "user profiles" module that comes with 2.3 is installed, it doesn't appear in the regular registration form. Well at least it didn't on my machines, where I upgraded from 2.0.18.1

securityimage is a different module from dugris that was widely used before the internal captcha. I used it on my registration and contact us forms.
If you are using security image then in the admin area of the module you will see if there are adecvate graphical libraries installed.

hope this helps.

nsluzewski
  • 2009/1/7 21:40

• nsluzewski

• Just popping in

I have the "User Profiles" module installed and enabled, as originally installed with the 2.3.2b version. I tried disabling and re-enabling the module, with no results - still no captcha image showing on the user registration page. Given that this was a native 2.3.2b install (not upgrade) I guess the existence of the securityimage directories is irrelevant.

Can anyone else shed any additional light on what might be going on here? How can I verify whether I have one of the "required graphical php libraries as GD2" installed, per "ghia's" comment in a prior post below?

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits