Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/10/20 9:17
young
young (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2006/1/16

Private Messaging module 2.3 - Can't delete message

I just try to remove the PM from Inbox at xoops.org
I select some message and click delete then at the confirmation page show "You don't have any private messages" ended with no message were deleted from the selection.

Anonymous

Posted on: 2008/10/20 10:02
Anonymous
Anonymous (Show more)
Since:

Re: Private Messaging module 2.3 - Can't delete message

Same for me too

Anonymous

Posted on: 2008/10/20 10:12
Anonymous
Anonymous (Show more)
Since:

Tested on my own site:

1. Delete doesn't work (although message says deleted)
2. "Prune" feature does work
3. Message sent to Inbox following "Prune" is dated 01/01/1970
4. Messages can be deleted one-by-one by opening the message and clicking the delete button

Bah

Anonymous

Posted on: 2008/10/20 10:26
Anonymous
Anonymous (Show more)
Since:

Update:

Deactivating the module allows messages to be delete through the Inbox's checkboxes.

I reckon this is a bug with the PM module and will notify the devs.

Good spot Young.....

jimmyx

Quite a regular
Posted on: 2008/10/20 13:33
jimmyx
jimmyx (Show more)
Quite a regular
Since: 2007/7/18

hope this to be fix in next release

DarinAllan

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2008/10/20 14:09
DarinAllan
DarinAllan (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS
Since: 2005/5/18

On one of my sites that people actually use PMs, it seems to work fine deleting old PMs, using the latest XOOPS and latest pm module, I will just mention that as posted in another thread, I had deleted the priv_messages table and lost any existing Pms in the process, then replaced the priv_messages table with a "clean" empty priv_messages table from another 2.3.1 site, that has little member activity.

I deleted the whole existing priv_messages table becuase it was the only way I thought I could get PMs working at all, I am no expert with databases obviously lol, but it worked.

Yes I to cannot delete PMs on Xoops.org.

Anyway just thought I would mention this.

Edit: should add that I did have Lord_Venoms excellent PM module installed at one time in the past, it seemed to leave entries in the priv_messages table that didn't allow the new PM module to work, JAVesey can tell you more about that.

;o)

Anonymous

Posted on: 2008/10/20 16:23
Anonymous
Anonymous (Show more)
Since:

Quote:
DarinAllan wrote:

Edit: should add that I did have Lord_Venoms excellent PM module installed at one time in the past, it seemed to leave entries in the priv_messages table that didn't allow the new PM module to work, JAVesey can tell you more about that.

Darin is referring to this post:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewto ... id=297949#forumpost297949

I've checked the mysql.structure.sql file from the 2.3.x installation file and the database priv_msgs table structure given in the above post is correct.

I'll check the database "key" values etc when I get a few mins - perhaps the 2.0.x branch has different keys and this us a problem with upgraded installations?

What is daft is that if the PM module is deactivated then message deletion from the Inbox works just fine.

This, together with the 01/01/1970 date of a PM send automatically to my admin Inbox following a "prune", suggests a bug of some sort.

@Darin
Can you try a "Prune" and see what happens on the date-front with the resultant PM?

Anonymous

Posted on: 2008/10/20 16:31
Anonymous
Anonymous (Show more)
Since:

Quote:
JAVesey wrote:

I'll check the database "key" values etc when I get a few mins - perhaps the 2.0.x branch has different keys and this us a problem with upgraded installations?

Checked....

The mysql.structure.sql files for a new 2.0.18.2 install are exactly the same as for 2.3.0 (and I assume therefore 2.3.1).

That's this possibility discounted.

Anyone else have a clue why it works with Darin's clean table-install but seemingly not on an upgraded system?

Does the PM module work properly on anyone's upgraded system?

All help/comments will be useful

DarinAllan

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2008/10/20 16:46
DarinAllan
DarinAllan (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS
Since: 2005/5/18

Ok Prune worked alright, though sent me the following with the wrong date and time

Sent: 1970/1/1 10:00:00 Messages deleted during cleanup

During a cleanup of the Private Messaging, we have deleted 1 of the messages in your inbox to save space and resources

Anonymous

Posted on: 2008/10/20 16:52
Anonymous
Anonymous (Show more)
Since:

Right..... you and I have the same "prune" message problem ------> bug, I reckon.

I can't find anything wrong with my database table itself. It has characteristics/keys as for a new install, as do the four new tables added when the Pm Module was installed.

I've run out of ideas