young
Private Messaging module 2.3 - Can't delete message
  • 2008/10/20 9:17

• young

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

I just try to remove the PM from Inbox at xoops.org
I select some message and click delete then at the confirmation page show "You don't have any private messages" ended with no message were deleted from the selection.

Anonymous
Re: Private Messaging module 2.3 - Can't delete message
  • 2008/10/20 10:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

Same for me too

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/20 10:12

• Anonymous

• Since:

Tested on my own site:

1. Delete doesn't work (although message says deleted)
2. "Prune" feature does work
3. Message sent to Inbox following "Prune" is dated 01/01/1970
4. Messages can be deleted one-by-one by opening the message and clicking the delete button

Bah

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/20 10:26

• Anonymous

• Since:

Update:

Deactivating the module allows messages to be delete through the Inbox's checkboxes.

I reckon this is a bug with the PM module and will notify the devs.

Good spot Young.....

jimmyx
  • 2008/10/20 13:33

• jimmyx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/7/18

hope this to be fix in next release

DarinAllan

On one of my sites that people actually use PMs, it seems to work fine deleting old PMs, using the latest XOOPS and latest pm module, I will just mention that as posted in another thread, I had deleted the priv_messages table and lost any existing Pms in the process, then replaced the priv_messages table with a "clean" empty priv_messages table from another 2.3.1 site, that has little member activity.

I deleted the whole existing priv_messages table becuase it was the only way I thought I could get PMs working at all, I am no expert with databases obviously lol, but it worked.

Yes I to cannot delete PMs on Xoops.org.

Anyway just thought I would mention this.

Edit: should add that I did have Lord_Venoms excellent PM module installed at one time in the past, it seemed to leave entries in the priv_messages table that didn't allow the new PM module to work, JAVesey can tell you more about that.

;o)

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/20 16:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
DarinAllan wrote:

Edit: should add that I did have Lord_Venoms excellent PM module installed at one time in the past, it seemed to leave entries in the priv_messages table that didn't allow the new PM module to work, JAVesey can tell you more about that.

Darin is referring to this post:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=297949#forumpost297949

I've checked the mysql.structure.sql file from the 2.3.x installation file and the database priv_msgs table structure given in the above post is correct.

I'll check the database "key" values etc when I get a few mins - perhaps the 2.0.x branch has different keys and this us a problem with upgraded installations?

What is daft is that if the PM module is deactivated then message deletion from the Inbox works just fine.

This, together with the 01/01/1970 date of a PM send automatically to my admin Inbox following a "prune", suggests a bug of some sort.

@Darin
Can you try a "Prune" and see what happens on the date-front with the resultant PM?

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/20 16:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
JAVesey wrote:

I'll check the database "key" values etc when I get a few mins - perhaps the 2.0.x branch has different keys and this us a problem with upgraded installations?

Checked....

The mysql.structure.sql files for a new 2.0.18.2 install are exactly the same as for 2.3.0 (and I assume therefore 2.3.1).

That's this possibility discounted.

Anyone else have a clue why it works with Darin's clean table-install but seemingly not on an upgraded system?

Does the PM module work properly on anyone's upgraded system?

All help/comments will be useful

DarinAllan

Ok Prune worked alright, though sent me the following with the wrong date and time

Sent: 1970/1/1 10:00:00 Messages deleted during cleanup

During a cleanup of the Private Messaging, we have deleted 1 of the messages in your inbox to save space and resources

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/20 16:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

Right..... you and I have the same "prune" message problem ------> bug, I reckon.

I can't find anything wrong with my database table itself. It has characteristics/keys as for a new install, as do the four new tables added when the Pm Module was installed.

I've run out of ideas

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits