Posted on: 2008/8/4 20:47
Re: xoops multisite
There has been a lot of effort on this subject, however:
- XOOPS 2.0.17 multixoops is not finished. I downloaded a version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/multixoops/
and I could not even make a clean install with it. The upgrade version did not work too.
- there is a module on simple-xoops.de that may create a multixoops, but I could not find a manual.
- the multix module (http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/pr ... &release_id=1224#selected
) seems to be abandoned, in favor of the multixoops project. Although this seems to be the project that is closest to "a finished product" and although it has a good manual, I found it quite complicated and I did not get it to work.
- there has been the idea to install modules in the XOOPS_TRUST_PATH and to use this XOOPS_TRUST_PATH for shared modules. Never heard of recently.
- There is a hack in the FAQ: https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=638
I probably have overlooked some great ideas. There have been a lot of ideas, but I don't believe that there is a finished product.
I need a live test site for one of my projects where I'll test a new theme. What I will probably do, is copy my files from example.com to testdomain.com . Then I'll adapt mainfile.php to the new patch info and I have a mirror site. In order to display another theme in each domain, I'll do this in my theme:
Here the theme for testdomain
Here the theme for my realdomain
Let me know if this is a bad idea 8)