Speed
Mediawiki for Xoops Abandoned???
  • 2008/6/17 20:14

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I haven't seen any updates to this module in ages. Mediawiki has been updated. Are there any security risks running the old XOOPS Mediawiki? Will this module ever be maintained and updated regularly?

Thanks in advance!

Speed
Re: Mediawiki for Xoops Abandoned???
  • 2008/6/19 19:59

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

86 views so far and no responses.

I have to assume that this module is abandoned then. That's a real shame.

This is also the largest problem I have with Xoops. People come up with great modules but never follow through and maintain them making them dangerous to continue using. Don't take this wrong, I'm not pointing fingers and complaining. If it was important enough for me, I'd learn to program and involve myself more. It's just frustrating to see good modules developed and then abandoned...over and over and over and over again.

Maybe modules need expiration dates? That way both users and developers could clearly see what modules are being used based on the questions in the forums about "expired" modules. They can gauge interest based on the number of posts. They can determine whether it's worth maintaining or downloading or whether there is a better alternative. Most importantly, it would keep people talking about them and thinking about them.

Now to find an alternative to Mediawiki....

zyspec
Re: Mediawiki for Xoops Abandoned???
  • 2008/6/20 13:49

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

You can see from this thread that the developer (phppp) currently has no plans to update the module...

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits