OnlyMe
Confused new member...
  • 2008/5/30 22:20

• OnlyMe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/30

Hi there from a rainy Britain,
I'm going to be honest here, I don't understand much about websites - I developed one for an ICT course but that's it.
Now I need a site that primarily allows individual users to login to their own personal page. My knowledge does extend so I know I need a MySQL and PHP enabled site connected to MySQL databases.
What I don't understand is what EXACTLY XOOPS is. (Sorry!).
I've read plenty of pages, but I can't figure it out.
What is it, and is it what I need?

Thanks, and please don't be too harsh,
OnlyMe,
County Durham, UK

Anonymous
Re: Confused new member...
  • 2008/5/30 22:48

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello from another part of the UK

xoops is a framework that allows you to build whatever sort of site you want.

The basic installation provides you with the user-group and login features that you need, but you can choose what modules you want to add to make your site what you want it to be.

Do you want forums? Add a forums module. Do you want content/page? Add a content module. Do you what links from your site? Add a links module. Photo gallery? No problem

There are modules to do most things.

Add a theme to change the look of your site.

The main thing to remember is that all modules use the core XOOPS functionality, so once registered your site's users can use all features. But you, the webmaster, can set permissions to control who can do what on your site.

Tell us what you want to do with you site and we'll help you and provide guidance. And everything is free; not costs, etc. You will get out as much as you put in.

PM me if you want help.

lintu
  • 2008/5/31 4:07

• lintu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/18

Quote:
Now I need a site that primarily allows individual users to login to their own personal page.

After installing XOOPS, install the UserPage module, which will allow your users to have their own personal page.
JigJak.com - A social Bookmarking & Blogging site.

ProjectMgr.net - Online Project Management Software

OnlyMe
  • 2008/6/4 18:11

• OnlyMe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/30

Ok... You know the website XoopsDocs.net? Does it actually work, or is it closed down, because my PC tells me "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits