nachenko
Multiple XOOPS sites, one login?
  • 2007/7/12 13:42

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Regards.

Suppose a bunch of sites. All sites are related to a University Department. All them are controlled by different people and all them want full control over their small "feuds" because, well, that's the way they do things here.

One of these sites has been shown in YAXS section, here:http://www.ugr.es/local/ncog

At last some of them have understood that having to log into five different sites is a piss-off, but now it's too late: I need a way to get one login to rule them all. They create just one user account, and they are then registered in all Department sites. No creating five accounts, no writing your user and pass five times, no nothing.

I've looked LDAP and all this, but I understood almost nothing.

Suggestions, please, this is clearly over my knowledge.

nachenko
Re: Multiple XOOPS sites, one login?
  • 2007/7/12 17:24

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

I've got an idea, need some opinions.

What about reading a cookie? Suppose session cookie is the same for all sites. Could it be done this way, reading a Cookie that is common to all sites I create for this customer?

pemen
  • 2007/7/12 19:23

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/8 7

LDAP is the best solution and universal because can work with all solution.
Contact me on the Xoopspro (by PM) website to discuss about that.
Identity management, LDAP, Workflow and more
XoopsPro

phppp
  • 2007/7/13 3:39

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

You can use p3p protocol for cross-domain SSO; for subdomains, it would be easier.

SSO and relevant multi-site treatment will be a serious consideration in new version of XOOPS

nachenko
  • 2007/7/23 13:06

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

Thanks both for your reply.

We can't use LDAP at this moment, as we can't touch one of the sites due to bureaucratic reasons. I'll have to think in a doggy dirty poor solution, as the "untouchable site" uses Moodle, not XOOPS, but they allow me to store my custom PHP scripts in Moodle's server.

I think this gonna be a real piss-off.

Anyway, pemen, we'll talk about LDAP and OpenID some day.

CeroKool
  • 2007/7/25 18:27

• CeroKool

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/17

The reason I like XOOPS is because the installation can be done online. Since it uses PHP/MySQL, I can use a hosting server which I may only have access to via FTP. I tried OpenLDAP but I understood nothing of how to install it. Is there an LDAP that uses PHP and MySQL that can be managed online? In other words, I don't have a computer that can be used as a server.

Ok, I really need help here since I know nothing of LDAP or any other ways of logging in. XOOPS has it's own built in. I don't have to worry about that.

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits