someguyiknow
A few thoughts..

Great product (Xoops&Modules) This has probably have been posted many times, but here is what I think might improve XOOPS as a core.

Xoops needs a spell checker. (Core)

Xoops needs captcha and multi options - such as adding captch to logins, registration and comments as well as downloads. (Core)

Xoops better points system that matches - per points users can download (x) files. or get (x) avatars or (x) what ever list can go on..(seperate module).

Maybe GIJOEs protect should include the captcha.
I see allot of talk on this but keep running into dead-ends, even when you can't code it makes it hard. Spam #@$@#$@#$@^#$!!!

Xoops backup system - I know we should be manually backing up but thought it would be nice to see XOOPS core include a backup for db and templates as well zipped...

Xoops - multi menu (core).

Xoops - Image gallery with flash included and other features such as YOUTube videos and other files. (seperate module).

Able to actually edit block templates instead of viewing them. (Core)

Maybe a template customization tool (Where you can change link colors/hover/header-backgrounds and background-colors and more in admin panel like (phpbb and more).

and last but not least 1 single file for .CSS :) (Excludes seperate modules).

Xoops.css and style.css included.

oh and if you can Line break the (Who's online box) cause it looks like a mess with it bunched up such as

1 user(s) online now (1 user viewing news) (1 user viewing forums) ect..

Some of these we can edit - but would like it to see it all as defualt, easier said then done, and much credit to all you who spend their time making these projects for people like us.. Not looking for any feedback / mainly these are my suggestions that I think some should consider I think captcha should be high priority instead of having to install it as a module.

As well as the spell checker, as you can see I am not a very good speller

But thank you for your time and reading my suggestions.

MadFish
Re: A few thoughts..
  • 2007/7/3 1:57

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

A couple of these things are already in:

Quote:
Able to actually edit block templates instead of viewing them. (Core)

You can. Clone the default template set and you will find you can edit any template (the default set are protected to prevent people messing up).

Quote:
oh and if you can Line break the (Who's online box) cause it looks like a mess with it bunched up such as

Now that you know how to edit templates, you can change this to suit yourself :)

BlueStocking

http://www.iespell.com/
Free spell checker that works on any form you are trying to fill in online. I use it all the time would be lost without it.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Alex_Grey
  • 2007/7/3 2:30

• Alex_Grey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/16

im not sure how many people know, but FireFox has a spell checker. i believe that the spell checker should be built into the browser. then all of your words like 'XOOPSiquette' or 'xopus' can be added to your dictionary.
“There is nothing impossible to him who will try.” ~Alex The Great~
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

DobePhat
  • 2007/7/3 6:01

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

True mozillas spell check is the way to go.(I usually spell terribly in IE because I don’t have it enabled)
I just wouldn’t want it 'built in' to XOOPS as it would most likely slow it down.

-I realize captcha is a desirable among many webmasters..
But I would like to remind people to remember yourself as a user , a surfer, a browser, a registered member.

There is only so much captcha I can take. In fact I have left a community or two from having to fill it in way too many times..

There must be another way, thanks for bringing it up though.

I think many people don’t realize the full extent of the customizing available in XOOPS (the template system is a perfect example).

I like being able to install modules separately for features I may want, and to modify that module as necessary to suit my needs. That’s part of what makes XOOPS special, not the desire to be a one click out of the box type of solution. Inevitably, such a solution is limited and would stunt true growth and future development.
~IMO

p

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits