aamjad2001
"Yahoo" or "anhosting" which should i select?
  • 2007/3/29 20:08

• aamjad2001

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

I am thinking of changing my host.

while searching for good hosts i came upon godaddy, yahoo, hostgator , and anhosting plus many more.

Out of all of them i narrowed my search to yahoo anf anhosting.

now i have two more problems
moneyprob
and xoopssite transfering prob

so i need your help

lindly let me know which one should i selet between these two hosts
i mean yahoo hsting "www.yahoo.com "
and Anhosting "www.anhosting.com "

i would apreciate if sugestions include the reason of that suggestion.

JMorris
Re: "Yahoo" or "anhosting" which should i select?
  • 2007/3/30 2:44

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

AH Hosting, I've never heard of. Yahoo hosting... I've seen some issues with XOOPS sites.

Personally, for low-moderate traffic sites, I use www.1and1.com. They are cheap and they offer a ton of space and bandwidth. My only complaints with them is that they are NOT for someone who needs a lot of support or someone who has a huge site. Their support sux and their MySQL servers are slow, but they give you a ton of goodies, space and bandwidth for the money and they are one of the most secure hosts I've seen.

For moderate-high traffic sites, I recommend a Managed VPS solution. For the lower end of the spectrum, you can get a VPS for under $50/month. I have a higher end package at just <$63/month. For the money, you can't beat it. I have full control, but dedicated support if/when I need help and the support is really fast! I now have an Elite VPS package with www.futurehosting.biz. I've been with them for a while now and I have nothing but positive things to say.

HTH.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

ewonline
  • 2007/3/30 3:32

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

A friend of mine used anhosting (its run by MidPhase) and he had a lot of downtime. He definitely does not recommend it.

1and1 is cheap, you just don't get any support. I've had a dedicated server there for 2 years, just canceled last month. Uptime of their network is very good, support is non-existent and un-knowledgeable.
Resized Image

aamjad2001
  • 2007/3/30 21:37

• aamjad2001

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

yesterday i was surfing hosting-review.com and what they said about anhosting if thats true then i think they are very good but i whant to know what are their bads.

second thing about it is that they are running since 2002
that refers to their reliablity. imean they won just disappear taking all your data.

yahoo was best but i could not find what ind of control panel they are providing. if its like that which they provide for geocities websites ten i hate that.

anyone else have any idea please share

MadFish
  • 2007/3/31 6:01

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I tried Yahoo hosting about 2 years ago and it was quite bad. Our site ran slowly, the control panel was awful, and the support consisted of canned email messages. I also had (more recent) severe problems trying to transfer ownership of a domain I had registered with Yahoo to someone else - took about three months and many phone calls to both Australia and the US to sort out.

I'm at a bit of a loss to suggest a good host - so I've just gone the VPS route that Jmorris suggested above. Haven't transferred my site across yet, still learning my way around, but my first impressions are quite positive.

eric235u
  • 2007/3/31 15:46

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/19

i've used yahoo small business hosting for about 3 years and man did it really suck last year. their on-line database backup utility often failed. i was always bitching to tech support until they finally threw up their hands in dispare and admitted they didn't know what the hell was wrong and didn't know how to fix it. i suspect their department was in transition. now it works properly. i used my own backup method using phpmyadmin so their backup utility sucking didn't pose a risk. i think yahoo is a little over priced but their up time is pretty good. they support php & mysql. i don't know if they would be my first choice if i had to start over but since i've been with them i'll probably stay.

some other hosting solutions offer free multiple domain names where yahoo only offers one (200 subdomains though). this may be an issue if you plan on having a bunch of sites.

Here's the Yahoo packages. i have the standard.

cvosman
  • 2007/11/6 21:32

• cvosman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/6

Definitely stay away from yahoo hosting, they have more restrictions than godaddy. ANhosting has tons of space and they use the tried and true cpanel control panel. Anhosting has a current holiday promotion where they are doubling space to 500GB, transfer to 5000GB, 40 hosted add on domain names for 5.95/mo

Another hosting company to try is Myriad, with excellent support and XOOPS friendly.

dlh
  • 2007/11/7 5:19

• dlh

• Since: 2002/2/20

I have been with JaguarPC for ever and a day and have had a great mix of speedy servers and great support.

I have both a Gigadeal and a Semi-dedicated server and both run great with Xoops. I think each server supports PHP 4 and 5 concurrently - so I've not had any compatibility issues.

I would recommend you check them out.

>>> JaguarPC Homepage <<<

Dan
GuitarGearHeads.com

In the words of Thomas Edison, "Hell, there are no rules here--we're trying to accomplish something."

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits