Compactman
Why phpbb?
  • 2003/1/21 11:01

• Compactman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/20

What made you choose that board for the XOOPS 2? I only ask because when you put it up against some other boards for example wwwthreads,invision,yabbse all make phpbb look very slow.

Now I can understand not using wwwthreads as its not a free script but there are so many more better free forum scripts..

What was it that made you choose phpbb.

jdon285
Re: Why phpbb?
  • 2003/1/21 11:09

• jdon285

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/21

Phpbb works faster than yabb in my opinion, I do use gzip compression and have never had a complaint about a slow forum you can check it outhttp://www.trudyscandles.com/groupladder/forum I also think the mod developers are very high quality, I like to keep improving it...lol, the support forum is tops, nearly live help and many many questions answered.
I did however just install a Yabb forum athttp://www.trudyscandles.com/forum however it's not setup yet, I had it going with the latest yabb version and the same day they announced bugs "after the official release!" I went to the next earlier version 1.4.1 I think, and will just add the patches.
I do like the Phpbb though :)

Jack

Compactman
  • 2003/1/21 11:16

• Compactman

• Just popping in

I like phpbb but I think I have just been spoiled by the invision board team. Mind you they are also all X crew from the ikonboard team bent on making the forum 3x better than ikon so your going to expect quality heh.

I should go grab the latest version of phpbb and install it to see what they have updated since I last tried it...
Have the fixed the sessions problem that happen within apache 2 and php4?

w4z004
  • 2003/1/21 11:40

• w4z004

• XOOPS Advisor

• Since: 2001/12/13

If you look in deep the x2 are not changed the modules , are changed the core, the themes system , the comments system and principally more oo oriented.

The modules are changed to smarty, enhanced and fixed but nothing more. the real work in the modules come in the next version of xoops.

For the forum we not have a desition yet, may be we use a ultra fast OO forum but are not decided yet.

Compactman
  • 2003/1/21 13:15

• Compactman

• Just popping in

Okay I think I got the most of that through the translation your saying this?

The modifications in XOOPS version 2 are mostly in the core programming. The modules are merely getting object oriented updates.

You have no disposition on the forum yet and may switch to a faster one in the future..

hoangtien
  • 2004/7/31 7:46

• hoangtien

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/18

is there any way to use phpBB or IBF forum software? I don't like the newbb module, plz help me

m0nty
  • 2004/7/31 10:14

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:
hoangtien wrote:
is there any way to use phpBB or IBF forum software? I don't like the newbb module, plz help me

try using the search function and you will find both have been ported to xoops.. it really is a great search tool when used..

just to help you.. lol

http://www.bbpixel.com is where you will find invision and phpbb

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits