Quest
Frameworks and Xoopseditor, wha happen?
  • 2007/2/2 13:23

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I know I have been out of the area for a while and expected some sort of relaps from lack of contact but dddamn it man!
I have 2.0.16 installed and needed to update one site with the frameworks and xoopseditor. At least I thought I did. It used to be listed with the 2.0.16 links, wasn't it? Anyway-could someone please fill me in on the primary issue of do I or don't I need the frameworks and xoopseditor? The way it was announced and portrayed lead me to believe that it was necessary for future reasons. What to do, what to do, what to do? I've got it installed on a couple of other sites.

Wiggin out in South Georgia! See, I even studdered.

Quest

Quest
Re: Frameworks and Xoopseditor, wha happen?
  • 2007/2/2 13:38

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

I did a search and find them both. Frameworks is now listed as HACKS:
And Xoopseditor is coming up as MODULE:

Man when I miss something I really miss it! HELP me I've fallen and I can't get up...

Quest

skenow
  • 2007/2/2 13:50

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Frameworks is some common functionality and code used by many modules. The Frameworks(case sensitive!) folder goes in the XOOPS root folder.

Xoopseditor is a collection of editors that can be used in many modules. The xoopseditor folder goes in the XoopsRoot/class folder.

Quest
  • 2007/2/2 22:15

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes and thanks. But as I mentioned, I definately remember them being presented as needed. Are they? I don't recall anything in regards to specific modules. If so, which ones? Anyone?

Quest

DarinAllan

Pretty much definately any of phppp's modules, as for the others I really am not sure. I do however think that all these things are getting us ready for 2.3, therefore Frameworks for instance is helping to bring the 2.0 and 2.2 branches together.

This is just my understanding I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong ;o)

TopKnot
  • 2007/2/3 3:36

• TopKnot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/27

I think the WordPress modules requires it (2.0.5) and now that I think about it phppp is the dev for this module! Sorry my post was a waste of electrons

Chappy
  • 2007/2/3 4:26

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

For CBB, WordPress, or any of phppp's mods, you'll need it. The frameworks download is included in any of his mods, just make sure and get the latest releases. You can go to http://xoopsforge.com/modules/wordpress/index.php/get-latest-xoops-modules/ to get a link to the appropriate place on the XOOPS china site. They may also be available here, but I would check there first. You'll be going to his forums anyway to get support for the mods. As of this point, Frameworks is NOT an official XOOPS product AFAIK (and I'm pretty sure, but would be happily corrected if wrong).
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Quest
  • 2007/2/3 8:24

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Ahhhhh- yes yes yes, got it! Thanks to everyone for the help. I need all I can get, especially when I'm having one of those moments. I've been working on other things for several weeks now and getting back to it I was mixing my apples and oranges. No wonder I wasn't getting any lemonade.

Many thanks again,
Quest

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits