jeffgr
How to clone Planet rss module?
  • 2006/10/20 5:54

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

I'd really like to clone this module, to display different types of news on my site, in different places.... the module help file says that it is possible, and that instructions will be forthcoming.. has anyone done this, can you give me some instruction on what to do? I already have a regular install of planet running on my site...I just want to make another one.

Thanks,

Jeff

phppp
Re: How to clone Planet rss module?
  • 2006/10/20 10:29

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

The instruction is inside include/vars.php

However, plz wait for a couple of days for the new release if you are not able to make it by yourself

jeffgr
  • 2006/10/21 4:12

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

thank you for pointing that out..yes, I found your instructions, and they seem clear...but I am going to wait for the new release! Too scared that I might break something on my site... :)

Thanks for the great module as well , I really like it!

jeffgr
  • 2006/10/23 17:34

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

Me again.... :)

Well, I followed your instructions, and was able to install the cloned module on my site...the module instalation went fine. Very clear installation instructions btw, thank you! But I am having a problem in using the module, I get this error:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:Error: Handler does not existModule: myplanetName: category

Here is the modified MySQL file, where I changed all the table categories as per your instuctions. I just used the example you gave exactly, so I changed the tables from "planet_article" to "planetdb_article", for example.

Can you tell me what else I need to change to fix the above error? (if the error is even in this part of the module, I don't know...)

## phpMyAdmin SQL Dump## version 2.6.3-pl1##http://www.phpmyadmin.net## ## Host: localhost## Generation Time: Nov 13, 2005 at 08:24 PM## Server version: 4.1.13## PHP Version: 5.1.0RC1## ## Database: `forge`## ## --------------------------------------------------------## ## Table structure for table `planet_article`## CREATE TABLE `planetdb_article` ( `art_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `blog_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `art_author` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `art_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `art_link` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `art_content` text, `art_time` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `art_views` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `art_rating` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `art_rates` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `art_comments` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`art_id`), KEY `blog_id` (`blog_id`), KEY `art_title` (`art_title`)) TYPE=MyISAM;## --------------------------------------------------------## ## Table structure for table `planet_blog`## CREATE TABLE `planetdb_blog` ( `blog_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `blog_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `blog_desc` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `blog_feed` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `blog_language` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `blog_charset` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `blog_link` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `blog_image` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `blog_trackback` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `blog_submitter` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `blog_status` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1', `blog_key` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `blog_time` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `blog_rating` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `blog_rates` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `blog_marks` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`blog_id`), KEY `blog_title` (`blog_title`), KEY `blog_feed` (`blog_feed`)) TYPE=MyISAM;## --------------------------------------------------------## ## Table structure for table `planet_blogcat`## CREATE TABLE `planetdb_blogcat` ( `bc_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `blog_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `cat_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`bc_id`), KEY `art_id` (`blog_id`,`cat_id`)) TYPE=MyISAM;## --------------------------------------------------------## ## Table structure for table `planet_bookmark`## CREATE TABLE `planetdb_bookmark` ( `bm_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `blog_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `bm_uid` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`bm_id`), KEY `blog_id` (`blog_id`), KEY `bm_uid` (`bm_uid`)) TYPE=MyISAM;## --------------------------------------------------------## ## Table structure for table `planet_category`## CREATE TABLE `planetdb_category` ( `cat_id` mediumint(4) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `cat_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `cat_order` mediumint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '1', PRIMARY KEY (`cat_id`), KEY `cat_title` (`cat_title`)) TYPE=MyISAM;## --------------------------------------------------------## ## Table structure for table `planet_rate`## CREATE TABLE `planetdb_rate` ( `rate_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `art_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `blog_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `rate_uid` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `rate_ip` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `rate_rating` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `rate_time` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`rate_id`), KEY `art_id` (`art_id`), KEY `blog_id` (`blog_id`)) TYPE=MyISAM;

Thanks!

Jeff

phppp
  • 2006/10/24 18:18

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Download the package and fetch the folder
/Frameworks/
/class/xoopseditor/
/modules/planet/

https://xoops.org.cn/uploads/xoops/xoops-schinese-2015.zip

behnt
  • 2007/6/22 18:08

• behnt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/17

I am ashamed I just cant follow these simple directions and feel very out of place here so bear with me....

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
According to the clone guide in the module:

Step #1: set the value for $GLOBALS["MOD_DB_PREFIX"], for say, "pdb" (required)

Ok I have found the "$GLOBALS["MOD_DB_PREFIX"]" in the Xoops_Version.php file but and what exactly do I change:

1.All the "planet" terms to "pdb"?

2.Or is there one global change I need to make?

3.Should I change something in this quote from the file xoops_version.php
"// database tables
$modversion["sqlfile"]["mysql"] = "sql/mysql.sql";
$modversion["tables"] = array(
$GLOBALS["MOD_DB_PREFIX"]."_category",
$GLOBALS["MOD_DB_PREFIX"]."_article",
$GLOBALS["MOD_DB_PREFIX"]."_blog",
$GLOBALS["MOD_DB_PREFIX"]."_blogcat",
$GLOBALS["MOD_DB_PREFIX"]."_bookmark",
$GLOBALS["MOD_DB_PREFIX"]."_rate"
);
"
i.e. add 'pdb' to '_category' to get 'pdb_category'? If that is the case then why are these not already prefixed with 'planet' as in step #2?

4. Or am I in the wrong file?

Quote:

Step #2: edit /sql/mysql.sql, change all table prefix to the specified value "pdb". For example, change "CREATE TABLE `planet_article`" to "CREATE TABLE `pdb_article`" (required)
Note: leave field names as they are

This I understand...
Quote:

Step #3: change all template name prefix to the new module dirname, including all templates in /templates/ and /templates/blocks/. For example, change planet_index.html to newmodule_index.html (required)

This I understand....
Quote:

Step #4: install the cloned module as regular

This I understand...

I am so close yet so far.....

Ben

Thank you for all your help

jeffgr
  • 2007/6/22 21:33

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

this is a funny thread...I started it along time ago, and now I am answering myself! :)

Check out this thread I just posted here on this topic:

http://www.jlmzone.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=218&forum=5&post_id=1192#forumpost1192

Basically, in the planet module, I think it is just changing the template prefix names, changing the sql file table prefixes, changing the XOOPS version file, where it defines the module directory.

Give that a try, then upload and install module as usual. You will have to change the module image file if you want to be able to visually discern the difference between your module clones...otherwise, just hover over the module menu and look at the links...you can see which clone it is.

jeffgr

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits