deram
Is there a good simple chat module that people can recommend?
  • 2006/8/29 3:38

• deram

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/10

For ver.13 or 14

Thanks.

Deram

Quest
Re: Is there a good simple chat module that people can recommend?
  • 2006/8/29 4:00

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I have jans tidy shoutbox installed and it works great. I had to do some tweaking of the Popup just to get the look the way I wanted it but otherwise it works great on my installed v 2.0.14 and 2.0.15. It doesn't have private chat but it is clean and simple.

Hope this helps. And if you try it and something goes wrong, I didn't recommend it, just said it is the one I use.

Quest

deram
  • 2006/8/29 6:57

• deram

• Just popping in

Quote:

Quest wrote:
I have jans tidy shoutbox installed and it works great. I had to do some tweaking of the Popup just to get the look the way I wanted it but otherwise it works great on my installed v 2.0.14 and 2.0.15. It doesn't have private chat but it is clean and simple.

Hope this helps. And if you try it and something goes wrong, I didn't recommend it, just said it is the one I use.

Quest

Don't worry. If yoiu recommend it, it is still my responsability, because you didn't force me to do anything.

I will try it.

deram
  • 2006/8/30 3:13

• deram

• Just popping in

I couldn;'t find Jans Shoutbox. So I installed another one: the most downloaded one from the depository, but that doesnt work. It looks ok, but when i enter a name and presses enter, it still says "0 people in chat".

So, I was lookingfor Jans again and found it. For some reason it seems that it was not under the category "chats". But I found it anyway.

However, it is not called tidy shoubox but rather just shoutbox. Another person made it tidyer.. and called it tidy..Is that the one you have or the original shoutbox?

also, he said that the version is not compatible with MySQL but with something else (forgot what). So - is that a problem? I installed via fantastico and have the normal modules (CBB etc. for ver 14).

I thouhght XOOPS (CBB) was using mysql, so is it a problem for my current setup that the shoutbox is not compatible, or??

wizanda
  • 2006/8/30 6:14

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Lace, Lace Lace... Oh and maybe Lace....

No swear filter in this version though as soon as they have, I will make a XOOPS module offically....

Do have it running on my site, yet fed up of people moaning at me for helping....

Lace is php Ajax; fast as in real time almost...

Also their are loads other in the pipeline...tons in my bookmarks...

AS in hosted chat systems, and other popupchat other CMS systems are using...

Yet me personally if you want to chat real time with users lace is best...
http://www.wizanda.com/modules/content/index.php
Also the 3.2.1 version of Shoutbox is i did to improve w3c and then version 4 beta is that improved on, yet also a new system as it is beta

Quest
  • 2006/8/30 12:32

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Wizanda has it and I think I goofed. Shoutbox 3.2.1 was from jan34 and the Tidy Shoutbox 3.2.1 was a W3C cleaning by the Wiz.

I think you may be able to get it from here:

Tidy Shoutbox 3.2.1

Quest

phppp
  • 2006/8/30 14:21

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

wizanda, is the Lace integrated into XOOPS?
I am using a modified shoutbox 4.0 beta, would give other chat alternatives a try

deram
  • 2006/8/30 14:40

• deram

• Just popping in

I could not find anything called lace in the depository nor in the link wizanda gave, so I ended up dl'ing something called aChat which may or may not be the same as Lace. It uses Ajax technology (whatever that is).

It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but it works - and it will do the job - so i think i will keep it.

deram
  • 2006/8/30 15:36

• deram

• Just popping in

Or not.. I just found that purge doesn't work for aChat. IT is smart that the page doesn't reload evey time, but purge has to work. I get the mesage: "An error appeared during the purge.
Number of messages: "

Cheers,

Deram

wizanda
  • 2006/8/30 19:56

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Yes Phppp in my case it is, still waiting for them to add swear filter though, (we could add our own).... Before releasing,
Did mention on their site i was from XOOPS and interested in doing so...it is two gpl systems integrated so should stay gpl also...

All we did is made the index.php of lace it self our index.php and then added include main file in the config of lace, that seems to lock it unless it is an active module to users in group’s admin....(also added a sub page being ifrmaed chat, so then can link large screens to any url pasted…

Also by having one good Iframe on a server we could Iframe in admin of XOOPS for online support as many slower java systems are claiming free chat service...

It has its own CSS and we did try it alone, yet also found in it being an Iframe it allows linking to any part of the site in said Iframe…

It is a really easy script and should be easy to incorporate loads more, like the swear system its self is a filter and if I knew how could add the smile very easy as it is all php…

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits