Salihah
Anyone with GoDaddy?
  • 2006/7/21 2:28

• Salihah

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/21

I'm considering using XOOPS. Does anyone host with GoDaddy? Is it 'XOOPS compatible' lol or is XOOPS install in the Fantasico section of the cPanel with them?

Thank you! Salihah

exbanious
Re: Anyone with GoDaddy?
  • 2006/7/21 3:34

• exbanious

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/30

I've been using godaddy for a few months and haven't noticed any problems. XOOPS installs fine.
they use a version of phpmyadmin for MySQL administration.
just upload XOOPS through an ftp client and it install as usual. i think their using PHP 4.3.11 and MySQL 4.0.24.

eventspeak
  • 2006/7/21 4:43

• eventspeak

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/20

I have been using godaddy for about 2 years. i have had every type of hosting package they offer. I know have a dedicated server from them about 140$ but it came preconfigured and no real problems yet....

If you use there shared hosting and install XOOPS from cpanel (pre-installed software) BEWARE the database is not accesable from out side of the XOOPS site. need to run phpmyadmin XOOPS mod. (sounds crazy but true...)

If you install XOOPS on the shared account and create a database then no problem..

hope this helps with the decision.
James Trivlis
james(@)Eventspeak.com
http://www.eventspeak.com

Salihah
  • 2006/7/21 4:44

• Salihah

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/21

Thank you! Sounds good!

Salihah

eventspeak
  • 2006/7/21 4:44

• eventspeak

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/20

I have been using godaddy for about 2 years. i have had every type of hosting package they offer. I know have a dedicated server from them about 140$ but it came preconfigured and no real problems yet....

If you use there shared hosting and install XOOPS from cpanel (pre-installed software) BEWARE the database is not accesable from out side of the XOOPS site. need to run phpmyadmin XOOPS mod. (sounds crazy but true...)

If you install XOOPS on the shared account and create a database then no problem..

hope this helps with the decision.
James Trivlis
james(@)Eventspeak.com
http://www.eventspeak.com

Quest
  • 2006/7/21 12:18

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I have used godaddy for purchasing domain names. I don't use them or any like them for Hosting.
Their are too many more affordable, complete packages out there where you the purchaser have control and support and no extra charges etc for DBs, Fantastico, etc etc.

Research for hosting packages.
Quest

radbeets
  • 2006/7/31 21:29

• radbeets

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/31

I installed XOOPS wwith Godaddy, (and am loving it) hwoever i have questiojns. The version they install for you is 2.2.4, which is not the latest version, and i cant find the update package from 2.2.4 to 2.0.14. Can anyone help me out with this? also, if you have done this upgrade, will it effect the site in anyway? My site is already live, and I would hate to have start over again with it. thanks in advance!

pipwax
  • 2006/9/25 2:10

• pipwax

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/12

I have godaddy with XOOPS installed on shared hosting. The biggest problem I have is that You can't manage your database (DB) Externally, and at times the site is slow from traffic. I have considered dedicated hosting but the site neds to make money first.
pipwax1@bellsouth.net
Quote:
To win in life one must be fluid like water, taking the shape needed to prevail

aspring IT Professional

iHackCode

i currently use godaddy for my domains and thats it.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

terrion
  • 2006/10/1 18:53

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I am a Godaddy Reseller. Matter of fact, I coach people on they can become hosting resellers themselves. Usually the people that are interested in that area budding web developers.

www.UltranetDomains.com, my hosting service, now offers what we're calling Linux Hosting Version 2, or 2.0. It allows you to have a php.ini file in your web directory to modify many of the PHP administrative functions that were previously locked down.

Also, our auto installer no defaults to XOOPS 2.0.15.

I certain cituations I've even offered space on my Dedicated server for module developers that really need access to that command prompt, or some similiar situation.

Right now I am trying to convert my site www.ultranetdomains.com which is a pretty generic site into a XOOPS site which is presently hosted at www.ultranethosting.com.

I would love to trade hosting, or whatever I have for some theme development and a few module modifications.

If this sounds of interest to you please email me at todd@ultranetdomains.com, or call me at 409-866-5138.

Todd Fogal
www.ultranetdomains.com
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits