eZer001
Please Help
  • 2006/4/15 2:27

• eZer001

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/11

I recently installed XOOPS and am loving it. I am running the XOOPS 2.0.13.2 with 2.2 Framework. I got a few questions and hope that you people would answer them and help me out:

First of all, it is about the index page? how can I customise it and add a custom welcome contents and site introduction in between right and left block and once the user logs in to the site, the introduction disappears? Also, how can I add a custom image to the left/right block block which disappears once the user logs in?

Secondly, i have installed falsh chat but how can i make the chat directory inaccessible from browser so that it's contents, i.e, sub-drirectories and file are not shown to visitors in browser if they try to browse the directory?

Thirdly, I have installed CBB 3.0 and it's fantastic but is there any way to disable notifications appearing underneath the forum and make the latest topic to get dispalyed on main forum page once the user reply or starts a new post instead of static forum title?

Fourthly, I have installed protector, it seems to add security to your site; i have edited the mainfile.php as per the readme.txt but I am still getting the message, I need to modify the mainfile.php? What I am doing wrong, could you please advise me, how can i resolve the issue?

Finally, is it possible to customise user profile fields? I want to disbale ICQ, MSNM, AIM etc fields and want to stop users to be able to display their email IDs in thier profiles and also want to add a custom field about every user gender; is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

andycornell
Re: Please Help

Hello Ezer001. Im glad that you love Xoops, so do I

Too customize the Home page, go to System Settings - Preferences General - Settings then assign a FrontPage Module, its the fifth option from the top.
And Or, assign Blocks to it.
If you want the blocks to stay there, you need to make sure that they are viewable by both anonym and registred users.
Go to System Settings - Groups

Flash Chat: XOOPS Can't do this for you. Try looking for htaccess on google. Maybe someone else can fill me in on this topic though.

CBB: I diden't quite get the question, but for the notifications, it Could be that your xoops, or CBB runs in Debugg mode. Also, A link could help, so that we can see the notifications ourself.

I must go to bed now, so I might not be able to follow this topic up.

Good luck with sorting out the problems.

Regards,
André Thoresen

gestroud
  • 2006/4/15 3:19

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Each and every one of your questions are pretty much covered in the FAQ section and the readme files that come with the each module. But if you don't want to bother reading them, I'll be glad to help you for $500 an hour.

jensclas

Take your time to work through the help documentation and tutorials in the thread linked below.

I recomend that you use 'search' to research some of your very specific questions and if you don't find answers consider asking them seperately - I don't think any one one of us would be able to answer all of those questions in one post. the belong to different aspects of your XOOPS and should be posted in different sections. There are threads on your 4th and 5th questions in the forums. You just need to look. The one question i could help with has been answered.

So..grab a cuppa and download some documentation - you will then be empowered much more.

Cheers

eZer001
  • 2006/4/15 21:50

• eZer001

• Just popping in

Thanks for all the replies.

I have upgraded my system from 2.0.13.2 to 2.2.3 , which have solved many things , esp those related to welcome message, blocks and customised feilds

Also, I have disabled forum notification throuh module preferneces section ;)

The alternative admin theme in 2.2.3 is fab (y)

So there is only one pending issue and that is of chat directory

I just save myself 500 quids

gestroud
  • 2006/4/15 21:55

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Quote:

eZer001 wrote:
So there is only one pending issue and that is of chat directory

I just save myself 500 quids

Darn! It's Income Tax time here. I could have used the extra bucks.

Only kidding about getting paid. How do you have your chat set up?

eZer001
  • 2006/4/15 22:10

• eZer001

• Just popping in

it is flash chat 4.5.6, integrated with XOOPS so auto login enabled and embeded in a webpage through tinycontent.

all files have been copied to site.com/chat directory

and I dont want vistors to be able to browse the directory, rather i want them to see an error page, saying page not found etc if any attempt is made to browse the directory

any hint would be highly apprecaited

cheers

msdana
  • 2006/4/15 22:17

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

I use Flashchat integrated on one of my sites. I put flashchat in a content module using "iframe" with a link on the main menu for registered users/webmasters only.

Anonymous users do not even know that chat is available.

If you need help, just PM me.

Dana

PS. You need to edit your Protector module to make sure it excludes Flashchat.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

gestroud
  • 2006/4/15 22:20

• gestroud

• Home away from home

I'll look into that for you. One thing, you might want to upgrade your site to XOOPS 2.2.4

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2813

Make sure to read through the instructions and the comments that follow. It's a pretty easy upgrade if you do it step by step.

gestroud

gestroud
  • 2006/4/15 22:47

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Login

Who's Online

576 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 576

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits