Xetox
Webmail Mod
  • 2005/11/4 13:26

• Xetox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

What is a good webmail mod, that would allow my users to sign up for there own email, and then if possible use the interface off of my websight to check email and send....all that good jaz.

Anyone know of such a mod? Or what is the best one?

hervet
Re: Webmail Mod
  • 2005/11/4 20:16

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Try this one :
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?webmailfx

Xetox
  • 2005/11/4 21:46

• Xetox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

Thanks, I will try it!

Do you know where the setting is to change it from user@testing.com?

Tobias
  • 2005/11/22 3:08

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

Also sqmail or TropicalMail (both in repository). TropicalMail installed quite neatly, but I don't know about the signing up feature you'd also been asking about.

I have to say, though, I ended up not liking the integration into XOOPS. Gets tight on the screen, with the menues and other items you may have configured to show on all user pages. So, I ended up firing up an independent installation of squirrelmail in a fresh window which, I think, is also better supported than the ports and what know I you may have as XOOPS modules. May be an issue, particularly when it comes to email. Sorry all hardcore XOOPSers.
www.affvu.org

toddherrold

fyi - webmailfx is no longer supported and was buggy. The dev (kaotik) switched to a different platform and has produced Tropical Mail, which is far superior to webmailfx. Not sure what current development status is on tropical mail, though. It works fine on my site.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits