rtdlost
Debaser Question
  • 2005/10/15 1:42

• rtdlost

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/15

Hi, I have a quick question that I'm hoping to get answered. I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of XOOPS and debaser from the modules section on the website.

I really like how debaser works and is laid out, but what I'm wondering is can this module be used to display simple images like .jpg files? Would seem possible to me, but I have no idea if it's worth my time or effort to figure it out.

When I try to upload a .jpg file while testing the possibility, it says mime image/jpg file type not allowed... I noticed you can create new mime types but I have no idea what a mime is, so there's really no hope in configuring one. ;)

Is using this module to display simple image files in addition to the default media types possible?

Thanks

gestroud
Re: Debaser Question
  • 2005/10/15 3:55

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Quote:

rtdlost wrote:
I have no idea what a mime is

You never heard of Marcel Marceau? He was great!

Here's a page that will explain .jpg mimetypes, though I don't think that your project will work with debaser, but I've never tried.

First, you'd have to configure the mimetype, then you'd have to associate a player with the .jpg mimetype. I think that theQuicktime video player may be able to do it, but...

rtdlost
  • 2005/10/15 5:00

• rtdlost

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/15

Well, yeah, it's a little absurd having people view images through quicktime, heh.

Guess I was just hoping for a media management module that handles both movies/mp3s and pictures. :)

Jharis
  • 2005/10/15 5:22

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

rtdlost,

See if you think this might work for you.

Demo of a site built with xcgal and smartmedia by smartfactory.

Smartmedia works with 2.0.X. A 2.2.3 version should be in the works but most likely will not hit XOOPS shelves until after a XOOPS 2.3 release occures.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

MorelyDotes

Quote:

rtdlost wrote:

When I try to upload a .jpg file while testing the possibility, it says mime image/jpg file type not allowed... I noticed you can create new mime types but I have no idea what a mime is, so there's really no hope in configuring one. ;)

I usually see that when a Windows machine has changed jpg to JPG - try renaming it so the file extension is all lower-case.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits