organix
newbb download links on dev.xoops.org don't work
  • 2005/8/9 20:57

• organix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/5

All the download links for newbb2 on dev.xoops.org seems to be broken:

The requested URL /dl/newbb/newbb 2.0/2.0.2 Final/XOOPS2_mod_newbb_2.02.zip was not found on this server.

regards
Organix

Dave_L
Re: newbb download links on dev.xoops.org don't work
  • 2005/8/9 22:00

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Those files were lost when the site was hacked recently, and haven't been restored yet. I have copies, and will check into restoring them to the download page.

But unless you have a specific need for newbb, you're probably better off getting cbb instead.

shy1ntx
  • 2005/8/13 14:30

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/3 1

Actually I might...need a copy of the newBB 2.02

I screwed up when I did the install of the XOOPS version 2.0.13 and installed everything not knowing that there is an issue with the newbb in that update (learned to read everything in the updates!!)

I am on the understanding that if i reinstall newBB 2.02 that should fix the issue and allow people post on my site.

(Now I wouldnt be all opposed to switching to CBB but I have a feeling that might not work since I am missing some things from the newbb module???)

The actual error in debug is :

SELECT forum_type, forum_name, forum_access, allow_html, allow_sig, posts_per_page, hot_threshold, topics_per_page FROM xoops_bb_forums WHERE forum_id = 11
Error number: 1054
Error message: Unknown column 'forum_access' in 'field list'

Which i found in another forum posting that its because of what i mentioned above....

jdseymour

I would suggest using the CBB module as it fixes several bugs from the newbb 2.02 release. The latest version for 2.0.13 is CBB 1.14.

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (186 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits