Update 2.0.13 to 2.2 don't work !
first, this post will get a bit longer. Please take the time to read it all, especially if you're a XOOPS core developer.
I hope you understand it all. I'm a german user and not all the time perfect with my english.
It seems to me, that the upgrade procedure from 2.0.13 up to 2.2 don't work.
I'm sitting here for hours on my testmachine to find out the reason why the update to 2.2 don't work for my website.
Now I've stopped to look inside of my current production website and tried an upgrade with a fresh install of 2.0.13 and it ends in the same problems.
I've checked the forum here on xoops.org and found several people with similar problems but with no solution to me.
Oh, I forgot to explain what the problems are. Here it comes.
After the xoopsupdate.php scripe I've got "error.php?c=XOOPS_REFERER_BLOCKED" in my URL, the header of the page and nothing more.
Ok, please let me take you all to the following steps of my update procedure and maybe some of you can explain me what I'm doing wrong.
My testsystem based on a BigApache installation under Windows-XP Pro.
First step is installing a fresh installation of 2.0.13.
I copied all the files to X:\www\xoops.
I call a browser and open the url http://localhost:85/xoops
The installation wizards starts and I follow all the instructions as I have done about 100 times in my live.
A minute later I got a running 2.0.13 installation with no acitve modules. All seems ok and I removed the install directory and write protect the mainfile.php.
Now, without doing any more, it's time for update to 2.2.
From the 2.0.13->2.2 update package I copied all files under html into my installation on X:\www\xoops.
Next I call the xoopsupdate.php.
Ok, I see a screen with a missing picture in the upper left (Home Page) and a submit button.
At the end of the screen I see some messages with notice and warnings.
Maybe interesting are the warnings:
Warning [PHP]: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in file X:\www\xoops\include\common.php line 235
Warning [PHP]: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in file X:\www\xoops\class\theme.php line 448
Warning [PHP]: main(X:/www/xoops/language//notification.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file X:\www\xoops\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 215
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'X:/www/xoops/language//notification.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;\usr\local\PHP\includes;x:/www/mambo45') in file X:\www\xoops\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 215
Warning [PHP]: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in file X:\www\xoops\footer.php line 50
Ok, I click on submit button to start the xoopsupdate.php procedure.
After only 1 second a new screen apear. My URL changed to "http://localhost:85/xoops/error.php?c=XOOPS_REFERER_BLOCKED"
I see the standard XOOPS header and a "User Actions" menu.
In this menu I choose "Administration".
No I got into the new administration screen of 2.2.
A warning appear that again the install directory exists.
The drop down menus work but Preferences seems to be empty.
I choose Modules/Administration for updating the System Admin Module.
After clicking the update button I see again the URL: "http://localhost:85/xoops/error.php?c=XOOPS_REFERER_BLOCKED"
and again an empty screen with only the "User Actions" menu.
Now I choose logout. The logout message appear and the "User Actions" menu don't shown anymore. I see the standard XOOPS header, the current date on the upper left and a white emtpy screen. No menu, no blocks... nothing.
I call the user.php file to log in again, but every times it says "Incorrect login" and I'm 100% sure that I give the right username and the right password.
So I'll stop here. The update procedure 2.0.13 to 2.2 will not work and I have no clue why. It couldn't be a problem of any modules, themes or templates, because it fails on a really fresh install of full XOOPS 2.0.13.
I've repeated the same procecdure 3 times with no luck. I've tried the update als with a copy of my production site (www.neotrax.de
), but with the exact same problems.
To prevent browser problems, I've done the update with IE6 and Firefox1.06 too.
Ok, now I'm ready for tips and solutions.