cherwoh
Need Help with TITLE Size
  • 2005/7/20 0:30

• cherwoh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/17

Example URL:http://216.74.99.25/portal/modules/content/index.php?id=1

By default the script is using the title in the content. No problem but it's making the title the same font size as the content. I want:
1. Either to remove the title from the content page so I can make my own title
2. Change the size of the title on the content page

For eg:

About US (I want it to be STRONG, Medium Sized)

This is the content for about us per se... this can be normal sized font. Please help?

adrock
Re: Need Help with TITLE Size
  • 2005/7/20 0:38

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

what module are ou using for that page?

Check for a style sheet in the module.....or, look in the generated template for the title info and add an entry in your style sheet for its formatting and a call to it in the template.

Hope that steers you in the right direction!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

dickinsd
Re: Need Help with TITLE Size
  • 2005/7/20 0:56

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

We were using tinycontent to make about us style pages a few months back, but have now moved gone for a different method.

Anyway, with tinycontent, you could create the pages using HTML, now I know you are not really supposed to use HTML to choose fonts now we have .css files, but with tiny content we found that the easiest way for us to dictate the font, especially if we wanted different fonts on one page was to write page in HTML using font tags.

This way the font we wanted for a title or subject header could be dictated on a page by page basis.

It obviously has downsides, messing with fonts can take a while to get one that looks right, and as with most things in web design, one browser might deal with the fonts differently to another.
The final big downside is that the content is pretty much static from that point on, should you decide on a new look for the site, a new font etc, you have to edit each page that calls a HTML font seperately - which can be time consuming if you have many different pages.

Just a thought, might work if the module does not have its own style sheet.

Dave

cherwoh
I am using CONTENT and not TINY CONTENT module
  • 2005/7/20 3:49

• cherwoh

• Just popping in

I'm not using Tiny COntent. I'm using CONTENT. With Tiny Content I have no problem; it automatically makes the title nice and pronounced for me. But Tiny isn't allowing me to create sub menus the way CONTENT. I need for it to have sub menus to some menu items. And as much as Tiny Content has sub menu options - I have yet to figure out how to make them actually turn up in my Menu. So I decided to use CONTENT instead.

With CONTENT, I cannot get a pronounced Title. So I'm stuck with a title the same size as the rest of my text and I can't get rid of it. I can't even make it bold. Thus my post to the forum.

CAH

cherwoh
Re: I am using CONTENT and not TINY CONTENT module
  • 2005/7/20 4:15

• cherwoh

• Just popping in

Went into CONTENT/Index.php and removed these two instances:

$xoopsTpl->assign('title', $title);

I got rid of the title itself - before the content.

CAH

Thanks for all the help.

CHeryl

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits