cm2339
Add (Upload) a binary file for download
  • 2005/5/20 16:03

• cm2339

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

We want to offer our users a page to download some binary files (PDF, PPT & MS Word Docs). We want to control on our (Tiny-D) pages the the links to the specific files.

WF-Download and the core XOOPS Download modules seem to be overkill for us (mime types, categories, etc...) All of our users will have webmaster status so that will not be an issue, we simply need a web interface to upload a file and have the ability to provide a link to the files from our Tiny-D pages.

Can anyone suggest something to help us out?

Thanks!

Gambero[removed]
Re: Add (Upload) a binary file for download

Filemanager maybe ?

cm2339
  • 2005/5/20 16:15

• cm2339

• Just popping in

Filemanager .... I'll download it now and take a look.

Xoops is (obviously) new to us and we are trying it out.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll post my success after I tinker with Filemanager.

Thanks again!

cm2339
  • 2005/5/20 22:07

• cm2339

• Just popping in

Is filemanager (version 3 available from the
Xoops module area) compatible with an IIS installation of XOOPS version 2.0.9.2?

Installation (seemingly) is OK. We see the module fine, and a page displays with the following:

<top of page>
[ folders and files here ]

Actions below show the following:
Upload a file in the directory : /
Create a new directory in : /
Create a new file in : /
</bottom of page>

Anything we click on take us back to the same screen and none of the actions work as expected: no directories are created, no new files are added and no uploads happen. PHP debug is on and we receive the following warnings and notices:

Notice [PHP]: Constant _YES already defined in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\language\english\admin.php line 48
Notice [PHP]: Constant _NO already defined in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\language\english\admin.php line 49
Notice [PHP]: Constant _exists already defined in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\language\english\admin.php line 71
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: action in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\index.php line 15
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: action in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\index.php line 18
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: hautpage in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\index.php line 643
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\index.php line 643
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: id in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\index.php line 644
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: nom_rep in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\index.php line 655
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: user in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\main.php line 304
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: lien in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\main.php line 342
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: lien in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\main.php line 348
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: lien in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\main.php line 354
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: lien in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccis\modules\filemanager\admin\main.php line 360

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

chadm
  • 2008/1/10 15:40

• chadm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/29

Register Globals needs to be enabled for FileManager to work effectively. Bad choice... in my opinion.

Still looking in anyone knows of a goof filemanager - register globals should be off for a working version...

Thanks

Will_H
  • 2008/1/10 16:18

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

mboyden
  • 2008/1/10 17:43

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Using SmartSection, you could do both - offer a page with information and upload/attach one or more files. Overall a great module for managing content and such. Granular permissions on categories and pages (but not attached files). Depending upon your exact needs, this may or may not work for you.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

chadm
  • 2008/1/10 20:26

• chadm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/29

SmartSection is a great choice, I'll give you that one...

I have not tried Cordemanon as suggested by Will. but plan to.

I'm looking at using FCK Editor with an Older modified version of TinyD by GIJOE. The newer editor he is working on is too feature rich for our needs. We need simple, simple, simple for our users. SmartSection is simple and we may end up with that as well, but it also offers way too many features for our needs.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Chad

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits