Hubkat
Locating the PhP.ini File
  • 2005/4/29 17:14

• Hubkat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/25

I know this possibly should be in the Modules section - but from what I have seen there everyone skirts around this question.

I have loaded the Protector Module and have all the Security advisory settings fixed except one - 'allow_url_fopen'

it says that I need to edit the PHP.INI or HTTPD.CONF file and insert -
php_admin_flag allow_url_fopen off

Problem is - no matter where I go or who I ask - no one has been able to tell me where I find the php.ini file. After researching I thought it might be the Web Server Hosting Company that has to edit that file but I was told:

"We don't directly support the websites, only host them. I would imagine to edit a file like that you would have to connect to your website via FTP, download the file, edit it how you please, and re-upload it to your site."

I know how to do all that - problem is - I don't see that file anywhere - any help would be appreciated. Sincerely - Troy

Thanks in advance

m0nty
Re: Locating the PhP.ini File
  • 2005/4/29 18:05

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

php.ini is only editable by the web hosting company.. they setup their servers, it's their responsibility.. unless u have root access you can't edit that file.. i should contact them again..

regarding
php_admin_flag allow_url_fopen off < this is a command for use in .htaccess file and not php.ini

the php.ini command is just allow_url_fopen = off

for more info try the thread below (you could also use the search block top right and type in what u are looking for) it searches the site for these things and would save u a whole lot of time waiting for a reply for a question that has been asked and answered many times :)

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35110&forum=1&post_id=152470#forumpost152470

Login

Who's Online

102 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 102

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits