arash101
Newbie needs your help with module
  • 2005/4/18 1:54

• arash101

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/9 1

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help me figure this one out. The question is how do you let a registered user post news?. I am using news 1.3 module and when I am logged in as administrator everything is fine. But when I am logged in as user it seems there is no way to edit the news posted by the user. I want the user to be able to post/edit their own news. I know you can give them access to news module admin, but this gives them access to change other settings as well. Is there a way to only give them access to post and edit their own news?. Also the submit news form(submit.php) that the user sees is different from what the admin can see. The user does not see the area to post extended text. can anyone help me?. How can I solve this problem?.

Much appreciated,
Ahmed.

ilivanov
Re: Newbie needs your help with module
  • 2005/4/19 8:21

• ilivanov

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

Specialy for 1.3:

Log in as Admin, go to module preferences, and set up to YES - Enable authors to edit their post

LazyBadger

And allow for some groups submit news

arash101
  • 2005/4/19 19:15

• arash101

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/9 1

I have made sure that the user can edit their post. The problem with giving the user access to news module administration is they can change all the other things. I only want them to post news and edit their post only. is their a way to do this?. Does anyone have a hacked version of the submit.php file for the news module that I can get that will let me do what I want?

Thanks,
Ahmed.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits