wodin
multilingual
  • 2005/3/22 5:07

• wodin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

How do people handle multilingual portals, XOOPS or otherwise. I volunteered to do this and didn't realize what I was getting into. As best I can make out XOOPS can be installed with one language only? Or can additional languages be added and available as a choice at login.

I know articles and such will remain same language but at least have menus in different languages.

And then what is a site like this going to look like if it has different languages all over the place.

should I have an install for each language and let someone pull over articles or whatever.

God what did I get myself into LOL

marcan
Re: multilingual
  • 2005/3/22 7:56

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi wodin !

Have a look here : Searching for "Multilingual"

Hope this helps !

Cheers !

wodin
  • 2005/3/23 3:17

• wodin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

Yeah I know how do use search and had already done that. Been searching like crazy for days on this site and others. Sometimes a personal response to a direct question can be helpful too, not always I guess.

ackbarr

wodin - there are a couple hacks to support multiple languages in a single XOOPS installation

Marcan's Multilanguage Hack for XOOPS

The Easiest Multi-Language Hack (EMLH) by GiJOE

To be honest, I've never had the opportunity to use either so I cannot comment on their ease of use or installation.

bluenova

I'm using Marcans multilang module. It works really really well using codes like [fr][en] you can make the text appear in the right lang

Check it out on my site:

www.taizebelgium.info

You can get all the info you need here:

www.smartfactory.ca

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits