koralex90
Post on homepage!! so desperate..
  • 2005/3/15 13:49

• koralex90

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/15

I wanna post something like a topic on a forum with pictures and stuff on my home page, but i dont know how to.. I want the whole article to appear on the home page.. but i can only manage to get news.. which i do not like.. please help!

Shine
Re: Post on homepage!! so desperate..
  • 2005/3/15 16:05

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Your question is rather confusing.......

For posting an article other than within the news you can use a block which you create by yourself within the admin. Or, you install a module who can handle articles.
Some modules:
Sections
TinyD
Soapbox
AMS
Articles
Smartsection

See the module repository of this website.

Grtz., Shine

brian100
Re: Post on homepage!! so desperate..
  • 2005/3/15 17:22

• brian100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 2

First, you can use any module (such as those suggested by Shine) for your homepage. You could even make the forum your homepage.

Sytem Admin>>>Preferences>>>General Setting>>>Module for your start page

Second,the forum modules have blocks that you can show on your home page (hot topics, latest topics, that sort of thing). You can control which pages these blocks show up on. The forum related blocks and their options may give you even more power and flexibility than you are looking for. Learn how to use and setup blocks here.

Third, it's pretty easy to add a link at the end of a news item, blog post or article that would take you to the related topic in the forum. There may even be an automated way to do this (I recall that there is but couldn't find it with a quick search).

Now that everyone has a blog--I've noticed (on many websites) that some of the more lively and thoughtful discussion seems to take place in the comments attached to an article rather than in the forums.

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits