nokialee
dms module import document problem
  • 2005/2/25 10:14

• nokialee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/17

anyone know how come registered users cannot import documents & create folders in the document management system module?

rifraff
Re: dms module import document problem
  • 2005/3/1 22:21

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:

nokialee wrote:
anyone know how come registered users cannot import documents & create folders in the document management system module?

Hello,

The most likely explanation is that the users are trying to create documents and folders in the root of the document management system. Only administrators can create documents in the root. All other users have to create documents and folders in an existing folder.

Maybe, I should make that optional.

Regards,

Brian

nixon
  • 2005/3/7 3:14

• nixon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/7 2

hi,
I am trying to allow users to upload a document to a folder in the root. They have the upload link but when it is pressed they just get a blank page. I have tried adjusting the permissions on the folders in question but nothing seems to make a difference. The admin are able to upload using the same procedure but users always get a blank screen. Other than this problem the mod works ok.
Any ideas.

jmckinzie
  • 2005/3/8 15:48

• jmckinzie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 1

Hi,

It is not a permission issue. The bug occurs due to a incorrect function call. Open up the file called "file_import.php". On line 190, change "perms_level($active_folder);" to "dms_perms_level($active_folder);". It should be calling dms_perms_level() in inc_dms_functions.php. This solved the problem for me.

UPDATE:
You also will need to make the same correction on Line 81 in "folder_new.php" for the Create Folder functionality.

jmckinzie
  • 2005/3/8 22:15

• jmckinzie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 1

You also will need to make the same correction on Line 81 in "folder_new.php" for the Create Folder functionality.

jexdragon
  • 2005/3/11 23:50

• jexdragon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/11

When I try to upload a document under any user in any folder I get this error. I have already chmod 777 the document repository folder and my tuning is at 100. I have created about 30 folders for the structure of my DMS but I can upload nothing at all of any type Please help This is for a college news room and we desperatly need this up before spring break.

Error: Unable to move file.
SP:/tmp/php4wNmIT
DP:/public_html/Documents/1/1/1/900001.dat

Docker
  • 2005/3/13 15:48

• Docker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

I am having the same problem, getting the following when I trying adding a doc.

SP:/tmp/php16JZfg
DP:/homepages/44/d104908039/modules/dms/dms_repository/1/1/1/1000001.dat

I have confirmed that folder and file perms are at 777, and I have applied the changes to the 2 files suggested (folder_new and file_new).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

rifraff
  • 2005/3/14 17:08

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:

Docker wrote:
I am having the same problem, getting the following when I trying adding a doc.

SP:/tmp/php16JZfg
DP:/homepages/44/d104908039/modules/dms/dms_repository/1/1/1/1000001.dat

I have confirmed that folder and file perms are at 777, and I have applied the changes to the 2 files suggested (folder_new and file_new).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce most of the upload problems people are having. One thing that someone mentioned, however, is that the module doesn't always work if PHP is running in safe mode. The reason that the file is failing to upload could be because the destination path may not be created in the repository. I found a note that the mkdir() php function will check to make sure that it is creating a directory in a directory that the user is owner of. (http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.mkdir.php) Based upon this statement, check to see if the correct path is being created. The path will be listed in the line that begins with "DP:" If the path is not being created, try using the "chown" command to change the owner of the repository directory to the same user that Apache is running under. Please let me know if this works.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

JasonMR
  • 2005/3/27 7:44

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I'm getting the mentioned error message
Quote:

SP:/home/htdocs/web17/phptmp/php2mbsvN
DP:http://themeforge.xoopsfactory.net/uploads/docrep/1/1/1/1000005.datNotice
Warning [PHP]: move_uploaded_file(http://themeforge.xoopsfactory.net/uploads/docrep/1/1/1/1000005.dat): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in file modules/dms/file_import.php line 55
Warning [PHP]: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/home/htdocs/web17/phptmp/php2mbsvN' to 'http://themeforge.xoopsfactory.net/uploads/docrep/1/1/1/1000005.dat' in file modules/dms/file_import.php line 55

I have made the changes in the files mentioned, to no avail. I checked the apropriate directory and the folders listed after DP: have not been created.

"If the path is not being created, try using the "chown" command to change the owner of the repository directory to the same user that Apache is running under."
We're on a hosted service, and I wouldn't know how to do this, could you help me out?

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits