ruggierigm
Site closed for maintenance
  • 2004/12/19 4:21

• ruggierigm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

When I shut my site down for development it would be great if I could tell it to just open up a default dummy page. Example would be that my site supports both php and htm for an extension. By default it looks for the index.php, when the site is being worked on I would want it to open up index.htm instead of the current screen that it shows. This way I can still have a splash page with the basic information for my clients.

TIA for any direction you can give.

WingNut
Re: Site closed for maintenance
  • 2004/12/19 21:55

• WingNut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

Just design a index.htm temporary splash page upload it and rename index.php to index2.php or something like that. Then when someone goes to your site the browser will bring up index.htm. To put your site back online delete index.htm and rename index2.php back to index.php. Hope this answers your question!

ruggierigm
  • 2004/12/21 18:27

• ruggierigm

• Just popping in

I new I could do that I was just hoping to understand how it was sending me to the page that it was so that maybe I could alter the code or table setting to send it to another page. Samething for when the database is unavailable. At times the db is unavailable on my site so it kicks up an error page, I want to have it kick up a generic splash screen so the general user does not even know a problem exists.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my original message

Herko
  • 2004/12/21 18:55

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

what's wrong with the system_siteclosed template? You can make it look like any HTML file you want!

Herko

ruggierigm
  • 2004/12/23 17:06

• ruggierigm

• Just popping in

That was the answer I was looking for, I was just to dumb to see it.
Thank you

sbkiller
  • 2004/12/23 17:10

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Simplely you don't need to do this way.

Look at mine: www.maxmzone.com

First make sure you duplicated your templates and then goto "system" and find the template for siteclosed. Copy and paste into your web editor programs or etc. or you can download the template and upload when done editing.

Save It.

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits