drummond
Users can't login anymore
  • 2004/11/9 14:00

• drummond

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

We have been running on a XOOPS setup for a little less than a year and it has been great. Yesterday, however, everything started taking a REALLY long time to load, and sometimes it wouldn't load at all.

The server ran out of memory, according to our head web guy. He fixed that, but now today, while the front page loads fine, when you try to log in, it simply drops you back to the start page, but not logged in. We don't have Norton Firewall running or any software firewall that I am aware of.

Can anyone help out a poor public middle school webmaster?

*puppy dog eyes*

rcjohnson
Re:Users can't login anymore
  • 2004/11/9 14:49

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

Maybe try to clear your cache? /templates_c

ackbarr

check your MySQL databases for corruption, popular MySQL database tools like MySQL Control Center and phpMyAdmin have options to check your db tables, and repair them if there are any problems.

You didn't specify what type of server this is, but if it is a *nix machine, check that your disk partition that holds the MySQL tables (usually /var) is not full.

drummond
  • 2004/11/9 22:17

• drummond

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

You were right ackbarr, It was my xoops_session table. I repaired it with myphpAdmin and it's happy again. Thanks for your help, guys!

tedsmith
  • 2004/11/9 22:45

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

This problem is well documented here and the answer given at post 34, and again [url=here.

This could really do with been advertised in some way - it seems every man and his dog is getting it at some point in their XOOPS career. I have answered\helped to answer this same question 3 times TODAY!

Ted

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits