Vizon
Login Twice/Session Problem
  • 2004/10/16 15:52

• Vizon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/18

I have this rather annoying problem where when you log into my site it appears as if you have sucessfully, but then when you try to go into any of the modules, you can't (it gives you a "You don't have permission to access this area" warning) and it logs you out. Upon logging back in, everything is fine.

You can log in and out at will after this without any issues except for when you close and reopen the web browser, then it happens all over again.

Now I've made sure all of my settings within mainfile.php are correct so there's nothing wrong there, and I can't really pinpoint exactly what I did to cause this to start happening...

Does anyone have any ideas?

m0nty
Re:Login Twice/Session Problem
  • 2004/10/16 17:29

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

firewall blocking http referring is a likely candidate.. check your firewall or browser settings and make sure that http header referring is not being blocked..

a search on the forum or using the search function would have gave you a long list of posts relating to these issues and how fix them..

Herko
  • 2004/10/16 17:36

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

No if it was the firewall, the first login would fail. Only if the message 'thank you for logging in' apprears, and the login box still shown, then it may be true. Also, the second login would fail as well...

I would like you to pay special attention to the URL of the site you are logging in to, and the URL to where it redirects (with a failed login). If the root url is different, make sure that the mainfile.php has the exact settings for XOOPS_ROOT_URL. For instance, if you log in on www.yoursite.net, and it redirects to yoursite.net (without www), the system will not see you as logged in (because you logged in on www.yoursite.net, not yoursite.net), and ask for you to login again. Because this time you are at yoursite.net, it will see you as logged in just fine.

I hope that makes sense.

Herko

Catzwolf
  • 2004/10/16 18:47

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

This is a cache issue I think, clean out your browser cache and delete your cookies. You should find that you don't have to do that anymore.

Vizon
  • 2004/10/18 20:24

• Vizon

• Just popping in

I'll try the XOOPS_ROOT_URL thing. The issue with this is that I'm not the only one having this problem, and that this problem wasn't happening before either. Could it be some kind of database issue for holding the session variables?

Thanks.

Vizon
  • 2004/10/18 20:49

• Vizon

• Just popping in

Alright, I adjusted my mainfile.php to reflect my actual sitename (including the www), just a question, if a person were to go to the site by neglecting the www, they won't be redirected to the one with www, would they? If not, is there a way to make them both work?

m0nty
  • 2004/10/18 23:26

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you could probably setup a redirect in your server Cpanel etc.. under domain settings..

set yourdomain.com to redirect to www.yourdomain.com

that's 1 way of doing it..

karuna
  • 2004/10/19 3:31

• karuna

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/29

hi
maybe use the phpmyadmin to repair the xoops_session or xoops_user table will works

Vizon
  • 2004/10/23 17:27

• Vizon

• Just popping in

My Cpanel seems to be lacking the ability to redirect the own domain name to itself + the www. Just curious if there's some code that I can throw in the mainfile.php that would check for both domains and make them both work?

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
you could probably setup a redirect in your server Cpanel etc.. under domain settings..

set yourdomain.com to redirect to www.yourdomain.com

that's 1 way of doing it..

Felon
  • 2004/10/27 5:45

• Felon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/27

Did any of this solve your problem Vizon? I am having the same issue.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits