Xman04
Required to login twice.....why????
  • 2004/10/4 17:54

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

I'm having this strange problem logging into my site. When I first try to login, everything first looks normal. XOOPS indicates that I've successfully logged in, but then takes me back to the login page (as if I have not logged in). When I make a second attempt to login, everything works normally and I'm successfully logged in (and not taken back to the login page). Thus, I need to login twice to successfully be logged in.

The strange thing is that if I logout and try to login again, this problem does not occur (as long as I don't close the IE browser). However, the problem occurs again if I logout, close the IE browser, reopen the IE browser, and then try to login again. I did not have this problem when I first created my XOOPS site. However, it began a few days ago. The only thing I've changed is the theme I'm using, some of the CSS in the Style.css sheet, the banners, and activated some of the core modules. I've not changed any of the PHP. Thus, I don't know what could be causing this.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

Dave

wcrwcr
Re: Required to login twice.....why????
  • 2004/10/4 17:58

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

hey Xman04

Did you try to restore your xoops_session db table.
I had the same issue as yours and that works fine for me.

Regards,
Wilson

ackbarr

also, does the url you are typing in match the XOOPS_URL setting in xoops_version.php?

Xman04
  • 2004/10/4 19:26

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

Interestingly, when I set a module to open with my start page, the login problem disappears. The other day, I set the "Module for your start page" setting to "None" which is when the problem started.

I was just going to have custom blocks on the start page, but I'm having that login problem when I do that.

The URL I type in is the main directory where my XOOPS site is installed. For example, www.mywebsite.com/community.

When I add the news module to the start page, typing in the above URL leads to www.mywebsite.com/community/modules/news.

I looked in the xoops_version.php, but could not find any setting for XOOPS_URL (which maybe is the problem?). I don't know where to add this.

I also ran a repair operation on the entire XOOPS database (with the repair utility of my host), which repaired each table (including the xoops_session db table). I'm new to MySQL, so I'm not sure if repairing a table is the same as restoring a table.

Anyway, I've temporarily resolved the problem by adding a module to the start page. Although, I really don't want a module on the start page (so this is still a problem for me).

Dave

ackbarr

no it is my fault - the correct file to check is mainfile.php, not xoops_version.php

Sorry

Vizon
Re:Required to login twice.....why????
  • 2004/10/15 15:50

• Vizon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/18

Hey guys, I seem to be having the same problem, and it only started yesterday after having the site work fine for months. There's nothing that I really remember changing that would cause this either.

Anyway, I tried to follow the advice above, make sure my XOOPS_URL setting is correct, and I think I repaired my session table with phpMyAdmin (to no effect). I really don't want to resort to sending people directly into a module since that's not the way I have my site set up. If you guys can think of anything else, that'd be awesome.

eman28
Re:Required to login twice.....why????
  • 2005/1/11 1:50

• eman28

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

i was having the same problem having to log in twice but after reading this forum i noticed in my mainfile.php my settings were set to my url without the www in front of it.. i changed it and now it works fine but my site had done this from the beginning. using ackbarr advice fixed mine totally

thanks

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits