iolai
myalbum photo uploading problem
  • 2004/8/27 22:56

• iolai

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/26

When I try to upload a photo to my site using myalbum, I only get a blank screen with this url:
"http://my_site/modules/myalbum/submit.php?caller="

What is wrong? How can I fix it?

Thank you very much.

tedsmith
Re: myalbum photo uploading problem
  • 2005/1/17 12:59

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Did you ever fix this because I have exactly the same problem now, despite having already uploaded 30 or so pictures. If you did fix it, how di you do it?

I've tried installing ImageMagick and restarted the Web Publishing Service (we run Windows Server 2003) but no joy still.

iolai
  • 2005/1/17 22:52

• iolai

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/26

Yes, I did fix it, it was a while ago though.

I think I disabled thumbs or something like that.

tedsmith
  • 2005/1/18 7:31

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks - I had already got Thumbs disabled. I've tried turning them on, then off again to see if that made any difference, but no joy. Oh dear.

tedsmith
  • 2005/1/18 12:11

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

As part of my ongoing problem with MyAlbum, I have tried some additional steps.

Firslty, the problem :

PHP Fatal errorCall to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in d:cms.fctmodulesmyalbumincludefunctions.php on line 292

and the URL link goes to :
http://fct.local/modules/myalbum/submit.php?caller=

Secondly, my setup

Windows Server 2003
php 4.3.6 
(I thinkalthough it could be 4.3.1)
MySQL 4.0.20
IIS 6
Xoops 2.0.9.2
MyAlbum 2.83
NewBB2

Thirdly, the countermeasures taken to resolve this frustrating problem (other than those described above) :

1) Installed ImageMagick, restrated the web publishing service, and rebooted the server. ImageMagick not detected still by XOOPS modules, namely MyAlbum and NewBB2.

2) Having been told to read this post at psychostats.com by Predator (in relation to NewBB) I checked that I had the php_gd2.dll library in my php\extensions folder, which I have. Also, updated this file by downloading the full windows binary from php.net because apparently the standard windows installer does not include it.

3) Edited my php.ini file as follows :

a) Checked the extension_dir path did equaled c:\php\extensions. It did.

b) Removed the ; prior to extension=php_gd2.dll
and re-started the web publishing service again.

No joy. In fact, my Intranet site was then innaccessible and users just got 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' errors after a long wait. Every attempted access resulted in an error message being displayed on the server saying 'Unable to load extension php_gd2.dll' or something similar.

So I turned the php.ini file back to how it was and re-started the web publishing service again. Now I can access the site again (thank the lord) but my orginal problem still persists - MyAlbum still cannot receive new graphics, ImageMagick is not detected by either MyAlbum or NewBB2 (although this may be because I don't know what path to specify in the setup for a windows server).

My questions then are these :

1) Could it be an IIS issue?
2) Do I need to tell IIS to use the library as well as php?
3) If so, how?

4) If it isn't an IIS issue, what else could it be?
5) What path do I specify in the preferences of MyAlbum to get it to use ImageMagick (loads of entries about Apache and Linux paths but none for windows)

Is there anything else that may be causing the problem?

Thanks

Ted

tedsmith
  • 2005/2/7 16:13

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

*bump*

Kethy
  • 2005/2/7 16:54

• Kethy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/26

I am having the same problem suddenly. It was working just fine up until then. Any solutions yet?

tedsmith
  • 2005/2/8 8:59

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I have PM'd the developer of the module, GIJOE, to ask he look at this post. Hopefully he will know the answer.

Calipsy
  • 2005/2/13 1:55

• Calipsy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/30

I also have the same problem. I used to upload pictures without problem. But now, my explorer crashes and close all my windows.

When i went to the Environment Check I saw the error message"

PHIP directive 'upload_tmp_dir': Error: upload_tmp_dir (C:\PHP\uploadtemp) is not writable nor readable .

tedsmith
  • 2005/3/15 13:56

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I've realised that if I select gif files, then I'm OK with this. It's whenever I try to upload jpegs that I have the problem described above.

This, I assume, has something to do with the function imagecreatefromjpeg() ?

It's driving me mad.

My reply from GIJOe was to try installing NetBPM, but I can't just keep 'playing' with my network - for starts I'm not the admin of it and have to wait for weeks every time I need to try anything out! I put Imagemagick on it and though that would work. Does anyone know if I have to set IIS up specifically to use Imagemagick? I wonder if this may be causing the problem? I just installed it, and rebooted the server.

Login

Who's Online

479 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 479

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits