Docker
Simple Question Regarding Install
  • 2004/8/21 17:40

• Docker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

This is not a problem, rather I am just unsure about one thing regarding the install of XOOPS... in the Installer First Time instructions it says to copy the contents of the HTML folder, but does not mention what to do with the other folders that came in the ZIP (\docs and \extras).

What say ye?

Thanks for your help...

Docker

Dave_L
Re: Simple Question Regarding Install
  • 2004/8/21 18:03

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Only the contents of the html folder need to be installed on your server. The other folders contain documentation, extra themes, etc.

bmmolloy
  • 2004/8/21 23:15

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

I always change the name of the html folder to whatever I want my site to be called. You could change 'html' to 'content' or 'mysite', and upload just that folder.

hsalazar
  • 2004/8/22 1:33

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Docker:

This is indeed something important missing from the XOOPS distribution. An easy, simple explanation of what to do. Here it is:

The XOOPS distribution is a compressed archive containing three directories: docs, extras and html. This is their content:

+ docs contains a basic documentation HTML file, as well as the release notes, the cumulative changelog and the GNU General Public License under which XOOPS is released.

+ extras contains a couple of goodies for curious people. One of them is a special login that shows in a popup window for SSL enabled sites. The other is a complement to the x2t theme. This complement, optional, lets you: include themed templates for the official modules, have a 2 column layout in your News module's index, have an alternate layout for the theme, this one with center-center blocks on top.

+ html contains the XOOPS distribution. If you're going to have a single site in your localhost, you copy the contents of the folder in your root folder. If you're going to have many sites in your localhost (for instance, to do tests and such), you change the name of this directory (to dirname, let's say) and launch the install wizard byt typing:http://localhost/dirname. This will run index.php, and the way this file is built will make sure the install wizard is switched on.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits