Basie
Release date for NewBB2? Can we help?
  • 2004/7/23 11:10

• Basie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/3 2

I wonder if anyone could post an update on the status of NewBB2, what still needs to be done, and if there are tasks that can be farmed out to the XOOPS community. I know I'd be happy to help in order to speed up the process of getting this promising new version out the door and into the hands of users.

Herko
Re: Release date for NewBB2? Can we help?
  • 2004/7/23 12:06

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I hope I'll be able to do just that soon, but not at the moment (lead dev is on vacation, and he has the latest codes).

Herko

ChadK
  • 2004/7/23 12:12

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

hehe got his cell phone number? Nah, I'm just kidding. Everyone is starting to think I'm an ass but I really just want to see the forums improved so more people come to and stick with Xoops. ;)

ChadK
  • 2004/7/23 12:38

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

This might be worth a look as well:
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?xphpbbi

Basie
  • 2004/7/23 21:56

• Basie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/3 2

Yeah, we know about the PHPBB module but we'd like to stick with NewBB if at all possible because it seems well-integrated into XOOPS itself. Also because every man and his dog out there has a PHPBB-based forum

chrisis
  • 2004/7/23 23:27

• chrisis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

I would agree with basie. I am on the whole impressed with XOOPS over all the other CMSs, and frankly, newbb as it stands has features that most other BB systems don't have. I LOVE the threaded view, and I love being able to reply to particular posts, instead of just tacking my reply on to the end. Plus the whole way that bbcode has been setup is awesome.

The only thing I miss is better "take me to the new post since my last visit" bookmarking.

Marco
  • 2004/7/24 6:12

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

chrisis wrote:
I would agree with basie. I am on the whole impressed with XOOPS over all the other CMSs, and frankly, newbb as it stands has features that most other BB systems don't have. I LOVE the threaded view, and I love being able to reply to particular posts, instead of just tacking my reply on to the end. Plus the whole way that bbcode has been setup is awesome.

The only thing I miss is better "take me to the new post since my last visit" bookmarking.

In my opinion, phorum (cf www.phorum.org) is the best bb system, even if it doesn't have avatar, or other graphics or user's points that displays in each post for each poster...
all these 'embellishments' make your forum more slower, less professionnal,posts are x kilometers long (too large boxes), if you use it in business environment.
What lacks for me in newbb : that capability for anonymous in a post to give a name, without to be logged: anonymous post became less.. hum... anonymous (!), and increase global activity in your forum...
Not to say that XOOPS forum is bad (can I criticize when I do not participate at this project?), not to say that newbb2 don't have these features (not tested it yet), but let the teams a chance to finish their work, sure that Predator, on a beach, is coding somewhere all last line codes....

keep cool...

chrisis
  • 2004/8/3 1:36

• chrisis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

What is still pending for newbb2? Is it not in a state to implement yet (ie it has a few showstoppers?) or is there just general bug hunting and tweaking that needs to be done?

phppp
  • 2004/8/3 2:09

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

won't be long, I believe

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits