Speed
Theme Development Wiki Erased?
  • 2004/6/7 18:04

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Not sure the best way to inform the powers that be in charge of such things. I tried to go to the Theme Development info via the link on the left column here at xoops.org (link below for convenience).

http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=XoopsThemesDoc

It appears that the information has been erased and at least one comment isn't exactly on-topic....

Jack404
Re: Theme Development Wiki Erased?
  • 2004/6/7 18:28

• Jack404

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/16

History of XoopsThemesDoc page:

http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=XoopsThemesDoc/revisions

Looks like it was deleted by this person:

2004-06-07 00:49:03 by 1-1-1-35a.has.sth.bostream.se

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/7 18:48

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Thankfuly it's a wiki, so it tracks every change, but I for one would appreciate people not being so rude and deleteing the hard work and efforts of others for their own personal amusement.

The is the second time this week.

Mithrandir

Seems we just can't have an open wiki.

Really too bad.

intel352
  • 2004/6/7 18:56

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

i noticed a deletion last week (today's monday, june 7 here), stuff like that really doesn't leave a good impression on newbies regarding xoops.

trying to get a buddy to move his site to xoops, it's taking alot of coaxing, because he loves documentation, yet it's hard to get him to move when the documentation keeps disappearing

when is someone going to setup the same wiki as on dev.xoops.org? and then assign it to a wiki Group, don't allow EVERYONE to have access... especially when there are competitor cmses out there, and too many jerks.

davidl2
  • 2004/6/7 19:20

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

That sounds like a good idea - having the Wiki locked for none-registered people

Speed
  • 2004/6/7 20:44

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

A group enabled wiki sounds like a great idea. For many projects, you want to allow some users access to edit the documentation but not necessarily all. Would this be difficult to implement/hack?

Ideally, I'd like to see all modules have group permissions for read/write/edit/delete capabilities so that administration can be granted on an as needed basis.

Also, someone mentioned that the documentation "disappearing" can leave a bad taste for some people and turn them off. I'd like to simply say thank you for having documentation at all. Most CMS' are not easy to understand, roll-out and customize for us non-programmers. I really appreciate the resources the XOOPS community has put together. To me, THAT is a significant selling point.

That and the rapid responses like those to this thread really point out what the support structure is like.

intel352
  • 2004/6/7 20:50

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

i agree that it is a selling point, but not when the person first visits and only sees missing/empty docs.

no, the group/user-specific wiki would not be hard, gotohttp://dev.xoops.org to see a working wiki, phpwiki methinks. people have asked for the same module to be installed here, but it hasn't yet, i believe there's some type of other wiki project that was supposed to be moved to this site, not sure.

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits