Talis
Regarding The New WF-Sections and WF-FAQ
  • 2004/4/18 14:41

• Talis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

Was just curious as to when the new versions get released, will the updates do any needed DB changes or will we need to put stuff in from scratch?

I really need these 2 modules on my sites, and will go ahead and install the versions I have if I won't have to reinput everything when the new versions come out.

Thanks!

Herko
Re: Regarding The New WF-Sections and WF-FAQ
  • 2004/4/18 14:47

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

In this kind of public, volunteers driven open source development projects it is very difficult to set release dates. This is simply due to the fact that most of the work is done in spare time, and not everyone has a constant amount of that available, nor the willingness to dedicate that time to XOOPS. This makes it hard to plan ahead (and in Catz's case this is made even more difficult because of his overactive imagination, which tells him to keep adding new featres ). So in short, it is nigh impossible to tell when these modules will be released. I do know Catz has help with the WF-FAQ module from Mercibe, but if that will result in new features or a faster delivery, I can't tell.

Herko

Talis
  • 2004/4/18 15:07

• Talis

• Just popping in

Oh - I wasn't asking when they were going to be released - just if I will need to redo all the entries when they are released. I wasn't being pushy for a release date, I know Cat is up to his ears in work.

Herko
  • 2004/4/18 17:42

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

My bad You're right, of course.

I'm pretty sure that Catz will include upgrade scripts for current wf-sections users, so you won't have to start all over again.

Herko

JackJ
  • 2004/4/18 18:02

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

My info from the Cats mouth is No, they will not be compatible. Their is many database changes.

What features do you need as a matter of interest?

Herko
  • 2004/4/18 18:11

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

JackJ wrote:
My info from the Cats mouth is No, they will not be compatible. Their is many database changes.

These can be easily upgraded with a script (like xoops1 to xoops2), I think Catz shouldn't release his module without this script. And I'll tell him that, from my mouth

Herko

Talis
  • 2004/4/18 18:18

• Talis

• Just popping in

The only feature that I see that I really can use in both programs is subsections... i.e.

Section 1
\Question/Answer[/i]
\Question/Answer
Section 2
\Subsection 1
\Question/Answer
\Question/Answer
\Subsection 2
\Question/Answer
\Question/Answer
Section 3
\Subsection 1
\Question/Answer
\Question/Answer

etc.

For my site it would be:
General Site
Questions/Answers
oTalisman (Online Talisman)
General
Questions/Answers
Playing
Questions/Answers
Talisman 3rd Edition
General
Questions/Answers
Playing
Questions/Answers

etc.

You can see what I'm talking about if you go tohttp://faq.otalisman.com. That's what I can use in WF-Sections and the WF-FAQ. Hopefully it all makes sense. :)

JackJ
  • 2004/4/18 20:51

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Quote:

JackJ wrote:

These can be easily upgraded with a script (like xoops1 to xoops2), I think Catz shouldn't release his module without this script. And I'll tell him that, from my mouth

Herko

Oh Herko, you are so masterful..

My hero..go for it..

Edit: as a mater of interest I have been playing aboot with wfsections and Ladon's front end hack, which makes the index and layout nicer, I like it anyway. He called it zmagazine, but I re-cloned it back to calling it wfsections, I feel funny using Caz module under another name.

I have also added all the bugfixs from around, including Xfsections. It can aslo be set uo for users to edit their own articles, and use "Spaw" wysiwyg. If anyone is interested I will put it up for download. Probably a waste of time though if Catz is near release.

ladon
  • 2004/4/18 21:14

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

So you put in bugfixes and spaw in the hacked version of WF-Section (zmagazine)? Then yes, I would be interested in downloading it

Herko
  • 2004/4/18 21:23

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to release it, as it will only create confusion about the version numbers, upgrades, feature compatibility, support, etc. On the other hand, it is a sought after module. Why don't you contact Catz and ask if you can release it as a wf-sections 1.2 version or something (I assume it's based on the 1.01 version, not his 2.0 version). That will benefit everyone, I think...

Herko

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits