IShades
How to add to the existing menu?
  • 2004/3/17 16:47

• IShades

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/20

Ok I have tried using tiny content, jay content but what I really want is to add my own buttons within the main menu taking me to my own pages wrapped within xoops.

I dont want to create submenu buttons. I want them all to be listed together. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to do this?

It would be great if someone created a module that lets you edit the main menu and impliment whatever you want in there.

Stewdio
Re: How to add to the existing menu?
  • 2004/3/17 17:55

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I use multiMenu.

Get it here.

You could modify the menu_main.html (or what ever it called, can't remember) but after a while it gets to be too much work to add a new item for ever page of custom content you have.

Try the Module above

HughG
  • 2004/3/17 18:01

• HughG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

Admin > system > blocks > main menu > edit > edit template

<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=13">Privacy Policy</a>

just add code like above inside the template.

domineaux
  • 2004/3/23 22:10

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I'm trying to access the 4images that I've installed separately from XOOPS via Main Menu /public_html/images/

When I go into system - blocks - Main Menu - edit - edit template the changes are not applied. I have a view button at lower left only. I click it and it would appear it's a done deal because I see the added "Gallery".

Regardless, it doesn't appear to work.

I've got Invision and 4images I'm installing on the same server within the same public_html, and I have separate MySql databases.

So all I want to do is link to them and link back...sounds simple enough, but my brains on overload already LOL

I'd appreciate a jumpstart on this, thanks

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits