krayc
Why are some uploaded Modules not showing up in Xoops 2.0.6?
  • 2004/3/15 0:34

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Is there a common problem with some modules written for x2.05? or is it something else?

Is it something I can tweak in the module?

I mean the modules in question are pretty current, xDirectory for instance.

krayc

Maracas
Re: Why are some uploaded Modules not showing up in Xoops 2.0.6?
  • 2004/3/15 2:44

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

I've asked the same question in the past and never got an answer. I uploaded some modules I know worked for me in 2.0.5 but don't even show up as installable in 2.0.6, and I have done nothing to the files. You aren't alone.

phatty
  • 2004/3/15 2:58

• phatty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/9 2

I'm having the same trouble as we speak. Uploading modules that I know work(cause I have them on a different installation) but do not show up in the Admin>Modules area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: i turned on debug and here's what I get when trying to install the iMenu module:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpdefine() in /home/zepphre/public_html/modules/iMenu/language/english/modinfo.php on line 1

Now, i know this module works cause I have it working in a 2.0.52 installation.

Anyone??

Maracas
  • 2004/3/15 3:56

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

iMenu is one of the ones that won't work for me in 2.0.6 as well. Neither will MultiMenu and a few others I can't recall at the moment. In fact iMenu won't even show up.

phatty
  • 2004/3/15 4:07

• phatty

• Just popping in

Here's the code in the php file that generates the error.

<?phpdefine("_IM_IMENU_NAME","iMenu");define("_IM_IMENU_DESC","a nice 'postnuke' like link menu.");?>

Like I said, I don't understand why it works in my other installation but not my current one.

fatman
  • 2004/3/15 4:14

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/13

I don't use these modules, but there is an obvious syntax issue with that code you just posted.

There should be a space between 'php' and 'define'. They really shouldn't even be on the same line. The correct code would be:

<?php
define
("_IM_IMENU_NAME","iMenu");
define("_IM_IMENU_DESC","a nice 'postnuke' like link menu.");
?>

I hope that fixed your problem.

phatty
  • 2004/3/15 4:49

• phatty

• Just popping in

Thanks VERY MUCH!!!! that did it!!! I'm afraid I know next to nothing about code and syntax but you my friend saved the day. Thanks Again.

Jeff

spiff
Erratic behavior in add-on module administration
  • 2004/5/10 14:43

• spiff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

The darnest thing...

I installed the myAds module and noticed that despite the module icon's absence, I was able to access all the admin functions by manually typing the links into the address bar.

That wasn't very convenient. Tried reinstalling, refreshing the system module, turning the admin rights off and back on. No cigar.

I resolved to get this figured out once and for all, and proceeded to turn off the site while I investigated the issue. Guess what? As soon as the site was turned off ("Your changes were saved successfully" screen), I was brought back to the admin section, and bingo, the module icon shows up! (Not at the proper place, mind you, I gave it #9 but it shows up at #2, just below the System icon...).

I'm still on 2.0.5.1. Would an upgrade to 2.0.6 fix this erratic behavior?

Eric

Dave_L
Re: Erratic behavior in add-on module administration
  • 2004/5/10 18:17

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

2.0.6 fixes some bugs that were in 2.0.5.1, but then it could introduce some new bugs. If you're using third-party modules, the issue gets much more complicated.

It's tough to answer that kind of question.

If I were having erratic behavior on my site, I would troubleshoot it to find the cause. But that requires direct access to the server, proficiency in PHP and MySQL, and can be a time-consuming process. And the end-result could be a simple typo that takes two seconds to fix, once the problem has been isolated. Or it could be a fundamental problem with the server configuration, resources or connectivity that may beyond my control to do anything about.

spiff
Re: Erratic behavior in add-on module administration
  • 2004/5/10 20:39

• spiff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Well, proficiencies in PHP/MySQL/server are not lacking, but as said earlier, my troubleshooting session fell short I've had this issue come up on a couple of random occasions.

I'm wondering whether other people have been able to solve this by turning the site off. I'll have to take a look at what the script file does after saving the preferences...

Next time I meet the issue, I'll take a snapshot of the database and try to run a copy of it on a different server running the same XOOPS script set. Not knowing is unbearable

Eric

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits